Off Topic Playground

@Abs: it's set a couple years after Robert takes the throne... so I'm going to have to pull out a generation.... Nbd... I am... 8th in line for the throne... Assuming my GM let's me play the bloodline...

So obviously that must be pre the current TV series (as I believe Joffrey is supposed to be Robert and Can't remember the queens name!'s child, and he must be early teens)?

Though I have my suspicions (without reading the books) that Joffrey could be the child of The queens and her twin brothers incestuous relationship...

8th in line? Only 7 murders to plan then.... Better get started before breakfast!

*holds head*

Ugh! Even invoking her name makes my head hurt

Heh, saw some TV programme the other day (can't remember what but it was a wedding...possibly Greys anatomy) and that song was playing in the background.

I thought of this forum...... :)

Morning KArn.....think of other things, Like KAte Winslet...

#swoons. thuds to floor#

@KArn: I have been looking at getting the ideal Dreamer crew so that I can possibly have a go sometime. I like to collect suitable crews for 35ss games.

I have:

Dreamer/LCB

2 x Stitched Togethers

3 x Alps

3 x Daydreams

Copellius

I also have 2 x Lelu and 2 x Lilitu.

What more should I get. I quite like the idea of Teddy, so thats gonna happen!

But would I need more Alps, Daydreams, one more Stitched?

And are Insidious Madness a necessity, as i don't like the model, but could get 1 or 2 if they really are necessary.

I may never get around to playing these for a while, but I just like to have the options there if i fancy it....Hence this now huge collection of Wyrd Minis (over 160)

@KArn: I have been looking at getting the ideal Dreamer crew so that I can possibly have a go sometime. I like to collect suitable crews for 35ss games.

I have:

Dreamer/LCB

2 x Stitched Togethers

3 x Alps

3 x Daydreams

Copellius

I also have 2 x Lelu and 2 x Lilitu.

What more should I get. I quite like the idea of Teddy, so thats gonna happen!

But would I need more Alps, Daydreams, one more Stitched?

And are Insidious Madness a necessity, as i don't like the model, but could get 1 or 2 if they really are necessary.

I may never get around to playing these for a while, but I just like to have the options there if i fancy it....Hence this now huge collection of Wyrd Minis (over 160)

Well you definitly don't need more Stitched Togethers, 2 is enough in almost every case.

Teddy is a big win for the Dreamer, I have a list where I run 3 of them or 2 Teddies and Coppelius.

Madness is mechanically, a fantastic model because of it's speed and utility. Though the Dreamer crew does not have to many Wp based effects, they have a nice sprinkling of Terrifying which against a living enemy crew can be a game winner. So you should consider them and have atleast 1 I think if for nothing else their speed which makes them fantastic at grabbing objectives.

The Twins are great, I've run the dual twin alpha bomb list before and had some great success with them. Generally I tend to alternate between using the Twins or Coppelius and Teddy. So some samples:

Dreamer +5ss

Daydream x3 -6ss

Teddy x2 -18ss

Coppelius -9ss

Total: 33ss with 7 cache

In general, this is probably my favorite list. The 3 minions you have are very powerful and will do a number on just about any one. But the low model count can hurt here and there, so you really have to get used to burying and unburying them at the right time and location. So it is a blast and it's also a nicely simple list with some complex undertones.

Dreamer +5ss

Daydream x2 -4ss

Lelu -7ss

Lilitu -7ss

Stitched x2 -10ss

Madness -4ss

Total:32ss with 8 cache

This gives you a bit more utility and your not just relying on sheer melee power to win. The Stitched Togethers will do a number on your opponent and if you drop a Madness on them with PE up, it will be all that much better for you. The Twins can either jump into a fight with Lilitu Paralyzing and Lelu eating faces. Or they can skirt the edges of a fight, using Lure to bring models in for lunch. Either way, you have a lot of options here and a decent model count.

Dreamer +5ss

Daydream x3 -6ss

Lelu x2 -14ss

Lilitu x2 -14ss

34ss with 6 cache.

Twin Alpha bomb! You bring all 4 out near the edge of the enemy crew and gnaw away on them. Use a Daydream to bury them all after your done and repeat. If you do it right, they only get 1 activation against you before your crew hides again. Not sure how over-all effective it really is... but its a lot of fun =D

Dreamer +5ss

Daydream x3 -6ss

Teddy x2 -18ss

Coppelius -9ss

Total: 33ss with 7 cache

Dreamer +5ss

Daydream x2 -4ss

Lelu -7ss

Lilitu -7ss

Stitched x2 -10ss

Madness -4ss

Total:32ss with 8 cache

Dreamer +5ss

Daydream x3 -6ss

Lelu x2 -14ss

Lilitu x2 -14ss

34ss with 6 cache.

Thanks for that, so looking at the sample lists you have given me, it looks like I only need to get a couple of teddies and a Madness.

Kind on my wallet then!

And I will really look forward to painting those teddies in the future...always wanted to do a Panda one. Oh, hows the Pooh teddy coming on? it was you who's doing it wasn't it?

I shall probably order them today, along with the desperate mercs, ready for their release next week!

You, sir, are a great help!

I have heard about the Alp bomb, but have heard its a dirty trick...I don't like to play dirty. Well, not all the time... I am Guild after all! ;)

Thanks for that, so looking at the sample lists you have given me, it looks like I only need to get a couple of teddies and a Madness.

Kind on my wallet then!

And I will really look forward to painting those teddies in the future...always wanted to do a Panda one. Oh, hows the Pooh teddy coming on? it was you who's doing it wasn't it?

I shall probably order them today, along with the desperate mercs, ready for their release next week!

You, sir, are a great help!

I have heard about the Alp bomb, but have heard its a dirty trick...I don't like to play dirty. Well, not all the time... I am Guild after all! ;)

Sorta stalled out on working on him heh, been working on other models painting and what not but I'll cycle back to him.

Alps are basically, fantastic. I think you should get atleast 1 pack of them for when Coppelius makes them. Plus I do like to sneak a few into a list every now and then, you don't have to use them as a concentrated bomb. Rather I often use them as a threat and a way to assure a models death. Really they aren't dirty I think unless you focus on them. Having 2 or 3 in a list isn't so bad... have 12 is pretty Dirty XD