Off Topic Playground

The Core Rules are great for background. They give a lot of information on the Iron Kingdoms as a whole in the beginning, and then Kings, Nations and Gods gives more detailed information (80 pages on Cygnar alone) about Cygnar, Khador, Llael, Ord and the Protectorate.

Heh, I have everything actually... Urban Adventures is great for options for players and NPCs, and really is a neat resource. All of the non-human PC types got a new career unique to them, plus humans got the Thamarite Advocate. And the GM Screen is actually a pretty neat kit, comes with some nice character sheets and encounter sheets too.

(nod) My problem is that I have time to play, but not a lot to prep, lol. So if I want to see a game of Iron Kingdoms (or TTB, or Battletech, or Shadowrun, or any number of games I'd be up for playing that aren't DnD or Star Wars) I generally have to be the GM, lol.

If I ever manage to achieve that rare event where I start having free time (that isn't me staring at a screen in the office or a lab, cussing under my breath) I might even try to run one...

Course, if that happens, the universe will likely rip open.