Off Topic Playground

Ones with crazy long Latin names that I cannot spell. And tilapia. Apparently they were a common fish in the Sea of Galilee in bible times. A little overfished now though.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I would lose my commission so fast if I tried to sneak in piranhas... Pastor Steve is big on authenticity. Something blatant like that...? would not fly.

it's up on my web page, if anyone's interested in seeing it. I'm pretty happy with it!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Ed, the rest of Luke.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

but the next two I have to do are Jesus teaching a large crowd on a plain, and a woman anointing Jesus' feet.

After that I have set #3 to do. That's Luke 8-10

http://www.upworthy.com/see-the-scientific-accident-that-may-change-the-world-or-at-least-your-battery-l?c=ufb2

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Luke is a big book. Hence why it's a 26 week sermon series. That's a lot of illustrations to stick to one style for.... I'm not even 1/4 of te way done and I'm already wanting to experiment with things...

26 weeks? Still a short sermon series for Luke, lol. The one exegetical series through that book, incidentally the first in depth exegetical series I ever heard, was a 42 week sermon series on Luke...

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Wait, are you doing an illustration for every sermon? O.o

The ones the undergrads had to do in the doctrine classes were pretty big and stressful. But they pts ably have nothing on day a doctoral thesis. Prolly not even masters. I don't know what an exegetical sermon series is like though. Sounds interesting.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

I hate auto correct.