Off Topic Playground

Yeah, it's one of the games that Wyrd is putting out this year. Tons of fun, really quick to learn and play. Plus the artwork is simply awesome.

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

I'm debating do I want to pick up a Lucius box or not...he's one of the Wave 2 masters I'm definitely intending to get, but the only thing that has me really looking at the current starter is that one female Guild Guard... >.>

I don't think I can...I'll have to look into that. Sadly, I think the only way to get her is that box, lol.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Aw. Looks like that is the only way to get her. Oh well, I guess I'll pick up the box after all. I can find a use for the old minis as RPG models if nothing else!

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

...wait a tic. There's a trading forum on here. >.>

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

So, have you settled on a particular design for the minotaur standard?

If you want to go simple, do a stylized horned horse skull from head on. Gives you a long shape to use as a core. If you want to go more ambitious, you could do a stylized human torso with a skull and splashes of red on the body and the skull.

Ultimately, I wouldn't go hyper realistic, and I'm not sure I'd even say make it very clean. These are minotaurs, artistic talent not withstanding, their resources are going to be pretty scarce. Look for colors you'd find in nature that you could paint with.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

I hate reading old books...the writer in me cringes at all the run on sentences every time, lol.

Does Renee Descartes count as a textbook? Probably, lol. At the least, it's closer to a textbook than it is to a novel!

And good morning to you, bow. Sleep well?

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Alright, this is ridiculous. A 7 line sentence? That's...111 words, and it's one bloody sentence! lol

Because this needs to be shared...

Running a Game is Like Being a Cat Owner

Oh, and I managed to find one of the Female Guild Guard! \o/ (does a dance)

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Thankfully it's only a couple pages, but they're offending Elle like you wouldn't believe.

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. :/

Beasts of Chaos? I don't want a GW chaos symbol if that's what the you mean. But generic stuff is fine.

I see nothing wrong with using the Chaos symbol considering GW stole it from Michael Moorcock.

Work net filters suck. Apparently reading text from a site with the word "games" in the URL is the same as playing a game via the browser *eyeroll*.

Got my Warbases.co.uk order. The good news is that I've got a lot of Bones glued to bases now. The bad is that I'm still having problems with my Mummies. Their freaking capes make ranking them up a pain. Even the special multibases I got that work with Mantic minis were not enough.