Off Topic Playground

Yeah, there's a whole new learning experience in it. Luckily, it's a lot easier to go from small to large than to learn small in the first place!

My first suggestion is to use wood, plastic (whatever you can get hold of) to make a skeleton, and then wrap it in kitchen foil to bulk it. Otherwise you end up using a huge amount of putty, and it costs you a fortune lol.

The only part I'm going to use solid putty for is the base. But that's because I have to carve the summoning pattern out into it. The rest of it will likely be bulked for other materials.

I like the aluminum foil idea. It's lightweight, the wrinkles provide a nice surface for the putty to catch in, and it can handle the oven temps if/when I bake the pieces.

Yeah, someone that does stunning work at 1-2 foot high put me onto the foil idea. He swears by it, and it's worked well for Lucius when I've worked on him.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

That's what GW did for those centurions.

...one of these days, I'm going to stop ragging on them for that kit. But that is not this day.

I'll stop mocking them when they charge a reasonable amount for a pretty model. Should be safe for a while, lol

Yeah, I'll stick with my Arcworlde dragon thanks. Cheaper and sexier!

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

...maybe I shouldn't refer to a big angry lizard as sexy in future. People might get concerned!

Really? How do you guys get it for that, when its close to 50 quid in the UK??

*goes to check UK prices*

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

Huh, seems my memory was off. They're about half the price of the arcworlde one. But far less massive and not made of resin, lol.