Off Topic Playground

It's a handy recipe, I have to admit. Just recreated it for the first time from scratch using only the guide with the judge, and it works great from beginning to end.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Well, you pulled it off perfectly, they look like they'd fit in great in the EBO decks!

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Are those the Wyrd Victorian Lamps, by the by?

Maybe. I'm worried that it might draw too much attention, though. Was thinking about doing the colors I did on the leather, building them out a little more.

Probably not if it was muted and darkened enough with a dark brown wash. Just don't add black to the yellow. You get a really gross green.

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Also, gmorni mg and the colors you went with sound pretty.

Have you gotten to try 2e final yet? Much more streamlined.

We played the last beta release before it was closed, so that's probably pretty close. That was much more streamlined and more fun to me. It's just a weird thing in my head that I don't understand- kinda like eating a certain food at a certain restaurant, getting sick, and instead of avoiding just that restaurant in the future, avoiding the food entirely.

I had a spunky idea for a Raspie crew. I suggested it to a friend but I may end up doing it myself. The crew looks lovely. :0

I need to get my forever WIP pics of mine posted. Goth 'Tina and the Popsicle Creeps. My old Ice Golem is colored like a Bomb Pop *grin*

Meanwhile, on the Mantic boards, apparently giving a faction a rule that allows one die that hits to re-roll to wound is OK, but to make it only work against some armies is broken as all get out. It's not fair in the technical sense that only evil armies are affected by it, but in a game where rolling 20 attacks or more is the norm, I don't see it as a game-breaker, either.

Am I nuts to think this way? It'd be different if it was "reroll all 1s" or "reroll all dice that don't wound" or "reroll a die that fails to hit" (which is in the game, but statistically is a much nastier rule).

Nice to know that maybe I'm not completely insane (well, no more than usual) after all.

I think once some games are played people are going to report that they scored a few more wounds than normal and that it rarely affected the outcome of the game.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

On a different tack (but related to M2E), I think I'm going to use my Undead Justice models with Tara...but if I get the new Death Marshals I might go for a black or dark purple flame effect.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised. Usually when I walk into an experiment knowingly calling it 'method develpoment', it's an endless nightmare of fail. This time, first run was a ballpark view, second gave us testable samples, so once the results come back in the third run will be the actual purification, and that's the critical piece of the surface I'm designing ready for testing!

Strange really, I'm still waiting for the charlie foxtrot...