Off Topic Playground

A lot of guys here where I live atm seem tomplay quite a lot of Warmachine/Hordes. Havent tried myself though, but I like the models they have :) but to me it seems to be quite straightforward, both start at each side of the table, go into the middle and start bashing each other.. :D

Yeah, Warmachine doesn't have a lot of intricate scenarios. One of my complaints about the game, honestly. It basically boils down to assassination for standard play- kill the other side's commander. Now, how that's done can be really fascinatingly different from play style to play style... one of my personal favorites was taking a Satyr and slamming the caster into a large target, doing a crapton of damage all in one go, lol.

But, my friend and I who are getting back into it are going to try some non-standard scenarios, removing casterkill as a win condition and possibly trying the game out without regular casters.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

In all honesty, the reason I started playing was there was a system, with an already set up network of players that was not the GW ones....

Actually this is the third time I attempted to start playing..... *grin*

Huh. That's different from just about any of my experiences with trying out a new game...

As a simple thing, I'd recommend doing the SR2013 missions and just pull out caster kill as an alternate victory condition.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

zFiend, I'd recommend trying out the game sometime if you want a change of pace from Malifaux. You might find that you like it.

They really are good scenarios, for the most part. What became problematic is that in tournament play, most would ignore the scenario winning condition in favor of caster kill. Even I did that most of the time, I favored eKaya and Kromac as my casters for Circle and neither of them were much use for the kind of attrition style play needed in SR scenarios.

Edonil, that's what I'm afraid of :D I already have 3 games I can't get to finish,

1. Malifaux (I always find another master/minion I want, I started with Lynch, then got Yan Lo, then ordered Seamus & alt Nicodem, then Lady Justice and now I want Mcmourning, then I have all the masters I really want, few remain still as maybe at some point masters)

2. Blood Bowl. I have the human team, that I just ordered some new models and I converted my own orc team which is still in progress, missing all the black orcs.

3. Warhammer fantasy battle, beastmen 100+ models unassembled and unpainted (takes me forever to start this mountain)

So I don't want to like another game atm :D

Yeah, I also love the collecting part and finding new figures, I want to work on my painting skills so I order around models that I like :D

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

And the Warmahorde figures are too tempting.. :D

*POP*

Morning!

Discussing shinies eh?

Yeah, there is always something new around the corner that you find and go..I'll have some of that!

Z fiend: Don't panic, that doesn't seem that bad an unassembled, unpainted pile lol...but I know how disheartening a wall of grey on sprues can be!

Morning Ed, Monkey, anyone else who is watching but should really be joining in!!

Malifaux related, probably just some metal Lady J stuff (if the plastic crew is released at gencon)..unpainted.

Also got a packet of 6 (yes 6, not 5..think an extra one slipped in) Puppet wars teddies with the cards, unpainted as new for sale...

Apart from that, mainly be micro art studios resin bases, a few odds and ends for warhammer and 40k... nothing major.

EDIT: Woo..just looked in the trading forum and it appears that the full set of teddies and cards could go for as much as £50!!!