Off Topic Playground

Had to find a Lynx viewer just to read the previous page...stupid filters...

Don't forget that SCA fencing and "classical" fencing are different things. I took the latter in college for a while and a couple of the SCA people wouldn't fight me after a few minutes, even when I started parrying with the sword and attacking with the dagger.

...when did fencing get brought up? Not that I'm opposed to the topic!

Yeah, SCA fencing is a whole different beast. I trained for a while with Italian longsword, and when I started to talk SCA fencing with people it was very, very different. What type of classical fencing were you doing, Dust?

Mostly foil, tried epee and hated it (foot touches count the same as anything else), did a little saber, too. I quit because one day I got so frustrated during sparring that I inadvertently broke two saber blades in a row. I decided it was time to stop after that.

I was an angry youth, heh.

Probably a good reason to stop there, lol. Actually, surprisingly, I never broke any of my practice swords...think I got lucky with my wooden one, didn't seem to have any real flaws. Hm...that might be something to start doing again sometime on my own.

immensely. my grandparents offered to bring me a book, but they don't have a clue what I like to read. my luck and knowing them it would be a biography, or a grammar book, or a kids book.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

also... yuck! 90? I hope you can find some AC somewhere to cool down, Mako, that's not healthy!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

also... yuck! 90? I hope you can find some AC somewhere to cool down, Mako, that's not healthy!

Yeah, it's rather warm! But I now have two fans running, which is probably more power than an AC unit, which I'm not allowed as it will fry the house wiring cos it's so old...

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

If you're bored, I could see if Sophie will come and play with you? I could do with a rest!