Off Topic Playground

I'd like cold and wet, how do I apply for a change of national weather patterns again? Which dark god do I bargain with?

Not enough sleep, sadly. Good to hear you're feeling better. Did you see my message about schlock being on a card in space munchkin?

Huh. Just had an idea for an awesome set of bookends for when I (eventually...well after Gencon...) get the printed copies of the series. Get a full set, have Attorney Drones on one end running, Schlock and the others chasing them on the other.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Granted, I know nothing about woodwork, so this can only end hilariously badly.

What a terrible weekend. The highlight was putting together some Kings of War stuff and my girlfriend's sister actually enjoying a boardgame (Forbidden Island). Seriously, the Abyssal Golems from Kings of War are pretty cool.

The lowlight was having to walk away from a couple of friendships. When someone can't deal with being anything but the center of attention at all times, they are insecure to the point that they will flat-out lie to people just to get attention focused on them again. Blood is thicker than water, and anyone who calls my sister or one of our most trusted friends a liar is a waste of my time.

On a lighter note, I keep saying "OK, I'm not getting any more minis" yet I want another ten Goblin Mawbeast Riders for my Ogres and the girlfriend does too, and I ordered 20 normal Mantic Dwarves so we can make cheap Abyssal Dwarf troops thanks to all the spare heads in the Immortal Guard unit from the Kickstarter.

Other than Wyrd Gencon goodies, and a few more items to finish off my yet-to-be-built Ogre army, and a couple of items for my girlfriend's nascent Abyssal Dwarf army, I have to be done now. Seriously :-P

(sorry, I don't read Schlock Mercenary)

You should check it out, some great storytelling and consistently funny.

Sorry about the way the weekend turned out. :/ Been there, it's not any fun.

Heh, I don't think 'done' is a word for anyone who doesn't quit the hobby as a whole... we just find a new expression of it.

We are never done when it comes to shiny goodness.

Already, if rumours are to believed, my money for the next few months has been spent!

Gencon malifaux stuff, Dreadball season 3, WH40K new space marine codex and most likely new minis...and then a new Warhammer Dwarfs Book in January..and new minis...aaarggghh!

But then , surely I will be done!!

Edited by Absolution Black

I've given up on that concept. Still, I am trying harder and harder to limit how many different games I'm buying into. Robotech was the last new one, and hopefully will stay that way for a while... although Elle really wants two of those KS Exclusive Warmachine models...

Haha, the day has become very amusing. The idiots at work refused to use a network account to store their work (and called me all sorts for telling them it was a better idea), insisting they all needed local logins to the group PC. Over the weekend, one of them decided to use the PC and leave it running despite a voltage reduction test happening across the campus.

Which then resulted in that person throwing a tantrum because the master boot registry got fried, and now the whole computer is going to have to be formatted and redone. Bye bye all that work...