Off Topic Playground

You really can't pull off that look.

I Know.. ah well.

*shifts suit to normal clothes*

Back to plain old me

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Hmm, that bowchickawowers is clearly very happy, I need what she is on..I say she, only because I can't see a guy getting so excited about being in pajamas all day...I stand to be corrected!

Been good so far. Completely unproductive, lol. But, I managed to get a ton of sleep today, so that's a good thing. Gonna see Despicable Me 2 today, and got Star Wars later. Hoping to coax Elle out, but we'll see if I can manage that...

Finally played about 1/3 of a Dreadball game on Wednesday. I like it already- skips most of the unnecessary rules load and gets down to business. Reducing the base action limit to 5 per rush and the player limit to 6 makes things move a LOT faster. Unless I played the PC game, I don't think I could handle Blood Bowl on the table for a league. Dreadball on the other hand plays fast enough and if I'm hopelessly outmatched, the 7 point instant victory condition means the game is mercifully short.

That said, team reference cards and a rules reference sheet (I know the latter exists somewhere) would make it a lot easier.

Also, Fish Cook by Cheapass Games is fun and you should try it.

So, I realized that if I do end up making this cyberpunk story into a novel, I'm currently writing the middle of the book or so. Also that this one has an easier time branching into a sequel than the one I started... books with one main character are so much easier to plan. :-P

I dunno. For me, it might just be that Kate is easy to figure out for, lol. I put in bits of her past in the story, with some hints of why she left, so there's that for the beginning. And, unlike my three characters in Shadows of Real, I know what she's got for goals...which makes it really easy to screw with her and keep it from happening. :-P

Especially depending on how back I go to when she was a soldier. I could start at the California riots, but might be more fun to show her enjoying being a soldier...before I toss her into a situation of being ordered to kill her fellow citizens in a peaceful demonstration.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Y'know, it says a lot that I get a new character who I enjoy writing and I figure out the most efficient way to screw with her right off the bat.

It was a trip to find out that one of my fellow alumni a year ahead of me not only wrote a successful novel, but it's a New York Times Bestseller to boot. She and her husband are friends with a lot of the same people I am, but I'd say we're acquaintances at best. I know her just well enough to know that the nice things my friends say about her are all true, if that makes any sense.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Also, thanks Steam, that's perfect. Now I just need to make little reference cards for the other teams and the MVPs and I'll be golden.