Off Topic Playground

Heh, no worries about conversational skills. I'm doing okay, don't want to be at work. :P But I'm stuck here, so, eh. Listening to a new cd and letting Elle do whatever with some tech stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

How was your day?

Uh... It was a day. Dreading tomorrow, Wednesday is by far the worst day of the week, and my boss will probably ask me to stay late again tomorrow like she did today.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Better make sure there isn't a run in the stocking though.

I don't want to damage my stockings doing that, I only have a few pairs and I'm saving them for GenCon :-P

Found it eventually. It's now settled in place so hopefully it won't go anywhere this time. Which CD ed? I keep meaning to get hold of steam powered stories.

It's called Cryoshell, by a band of the same name. They did a song for Bionicle commercials back when that was a thing...turns out, they've got a cd, lol. Pretty good stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

I'm sorry Chris! (hug) That's never a good thing.

Sandy, not yet. You have to stay a few more minutes. Lol

Yeah, I was half expecting to not find it, and then have to try and make a new one from half a silicon mould and the rest resculpted. Not a good thing to have to do...

Pretty much I'm not allowed to get any other job on this permit, it's a closed one. If I wanted to work for a different supervisor, or get a job in industry, or switch out to another career, I have to either pay the couple of thousand it'll cost to apply for permanent residency, or go home.

Stops me getting a job that I know won't last, and then using it as a stepping stone into the country, bypassing the residency things. Or at least that's their theory I think.

Eh, the advantage of speaking with very very good lawyers about a career change is that if anyone can find the loophole and right paperwork to avoid a trip home, it'll be them *grin*

Good points...

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

These characters are a bit odd to work with, I have to say. I'm not used to doing a small group of professionals like this...I think I need to watch some Leverage or something, lol