Off Topic Playground

Not bad. Headache, but that's to be expected what with the stupid broken air system that the maintenance guy insists is fine. Or is too lazy to be bothered with. Odds are the second.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

And I just found a writing podcast. O.O I even recognize two of the writers, they do some awesome stuff. (goes to download)

I found an ebook somewhere called crusade by David weber and some other guy. It's interesting, has a LOT less technical specs in the story so I find myself skimming a lot less. It's funny seeing what names he reuses. One of the characters is sakanami instead of saganami. And there's a manticore system. It's fallen to the attackers though, no plucky star empire there.

Yeah...the technical specs were interesting the first time around, but they're getting old, lol. Any good, though?

---------- Post added 06-18-2013 at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-17-2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

Woah. I like this podcast...it's really good stuff. They've got some novelists, a cartoonist (the author of Schlock Mercenary) and it's a lot of good info so far...

By one method of interpretation, I think I've got it nailed...

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

And frankly, I could've just thrown up The Sorceror's Apprentice and called it a day, lol

Both are excellent. Vernian Process is great if you want a darker feel to things, The Cog is Dead runs the gambit and does some really clever things. If you get a cd from them, get Steam Powered Stories first, one of the songs in Full Steam Ahead is a sequel to one of the other stories on the other cd.

The podcast is named Writing Excuses.

Sweet. I've just marked it in my podcast list, there's ten episodes for me to listen to so I'll be able to listen to stuff over the evenings.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Damn, I'm really hungry. Properly ravenous...