Off Topic Playground

I don't usually buy brown. I mix a purple and add yellow. It gets the richest brown. Very nice deep color. Just add a little purple to yellow... probably a 1:6 ish purple to yellow ratio. Maybe more yellow than that. I don't really do ratios in my mixing I just go by 'oh that looks good". Anyway, you don't have to buy brown is my point.

I use the brown to darken the yellow so my adding purple doesn't end up too pale or purply. Course, there is the option to use black and control my ratios more carefully, but I yank the nice deep brown out the box every time from laziness *grin*

Mako the way you work, you need all the time savers you can get. :Smug_Puppet2:

Ain't that the truth! If I mixed everything from basic primaries, I'd never finish anything! Also, shipping my painting kit would have cost a lot less...

yeah, when i get tired the filters come off and I do get mean... I never intend to be though! sorry Mako.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Well, when you've only got the five basic colors... black, white, red, yellow, blue. Everything else can be mixed.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

except metallics...

Yeah, I'm not going to be trying to do them all in one go, lol. This is a long-ish term project. no more than three units 'on deck' for painting to keep things sane, and there'll be plenty of switching to other projects as the whim takes me I'm sure.