Off Topic Playground

Eww, yeah that needs stripping. Badly.

Aye, throw it in, give it a while (overnight for preference), then scrub with a toothbrush dipped in the alcohol. Once it's cleaned of paint sludge, scrub with soapy water to get the residue left by the alcohol evaporating.

Ah, that does suck when that happens. I usually deal with it by stopping every project I've got under way, and only starting the two I most want to do. Then soon enough I get my enthusiasm back and realise I'm doing six at once again...

Today? I'll be doing the next layer of the wedding gift, finishing prepping izamu, and if there's time working on painting both him and the sniper girls. Got tomorrow off work, so want to finish izamu by Saturday so I can use him.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Oh and carrying on from yesterday when I started to teach myself programming...

Need to? Oh, I don't. It keeps my brain busy in work though while I wait for someone to send me a quote so I can order vital stuff.

And one day I might even learn enough to start adding code into the modeltracker. The thing I really wanted to do that i couldn't was to have buttons between the painting stages so you could click to move a model onward one stage, rather than typing the numbers in by hand.

Yep. They did pretty well. Bad tactical choice on my part meant my lieutenant got eaten... literally. :P But the Clipsos minelayer ended the game in a blaze of glory with a roaring gunfight with the last of the Combined Army boarders. She died, but she took one of them down with her first, lol.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Oh, and great quote from Schlock Mercenary-

Maxim 3: An Ordnance Technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

Re: Painting.

Well I'm actually a real painting novice, so what I'm trying to do is paint Von Schill's crew and make it not look like garbage. I'm priming in black for a darker feel. I was contemplating doing a tron theme for two reasons 1) Funny 2) It's mostly shades of two colors and therefore semi-easy for a beginner I'd imagine...