Off Topic Playground

Sounds good, what did you think of the hobbit?

She's... coming along. Just the skin so far and ecause it's so effects easy I'm having to be really careful and not paint how I usually do. But so far, so good. Basic skin is done, just facial features to do before working on the other one. Then both the suits at the same time since they're in uniform.

Its dominated by the OSL, so I'm having to place highlights carefully and work the natural shading and highlights into places so that so when the OSL is added they still exist, but match up nicely. One half of a face in shadow needs a much darker palette than the lit half, but once the red/green contrast goes in with the OSL, I still need a defined fAce with a vaguely visible skin tone!

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Also, my thumb appears to be determined to make me type incoherent rubbish. Lol

Clearly you should be doing more of it then ed!

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Yeah, I'll post some up when I get a bit further. So far it's the base and some skin that's been done, it's not very impressive!

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

My two favourite parts of painting - OSL and freehand. Heh. So I had to add a little tattoo to the snipers arm, and she'll have tiger stripe camo on.