Off Topic Playground

I'll object to you being flat out drunk, but no I'm really not going to do a flat out 'no alcoholic drinks in my games' unless it becomes disruptive. Especially not going to be super concerned about it this Saturday, it's more of a quick meet and greet, get the chance to match faces to names and do some discussions on what kinds of stuff people are expecting thing.

Eh, if I was drunk I wouldn't subject everyone to it. And I don't like drinking that much alcohol honestly, it's not very interesting. Usually I just have a small whiskey every so often because I like the taste.

And I can't afford stuff, but since Canada seems to be determined to bankrupt me before I renew my contract, it hardly seems to matter...

Oh, I'm trying to find out if they'll count my uk mortgage against my rental income from there. Otherwise, that's close to 1500 dollars extra tax for owning a property that makes a net loss...

They really do put a lot of effort into wrecking my life, don't they!

Plus it turns out the analysis of the cells from the last months work failed, so I have to do it all again before I can start actual science.

I need a lot more of them. So got to use more blood, refine all the steps, and possibly grow them for longer too. Just means another delay of a month before I can start any experiments. Honestly, I am actually a scientist. I swear I am, even if I never do any research!

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

I took today off to unwind, the last few weeks have got to the point of piling up on me . Broke out a canvas and vented at it for a bit, was nice. Just finished the girl too, I think. Might take some photos.

Yeah, the painting was a slightly revealing look at my current mindset. Eep, I think is the word!

Still debating if I work from home tomorrow, avoid being in the office with people driving me nuts. All I'm doing is writing after all!

I know, there really should... on the other hand, at least this one isn't that expensive. $25 for a 3-8 player game is a steal, and better yet it's a game that I think my regular crowd could get interested in. They aren't really into Munchkin or DnD or Settlers, much more of the casual games, like BANG!. So I think Story Wars could be great for that group.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 PM ----------

Well, at least we don't set as many fires this quickly... lol

Ok, I'll give you that one. $25 is a pretty good price and if it's the kind of thing your group likes, it's a pretty decent thing. But I'm keeping way away from kickstarter, at least until I get a big pay raise or my TtB goodies have arrived lol

I shall reveal her in moments, just uploading a photo. Didn't go for Kaylee's face in the end, it wasn't looking right. She actually looks a lot more like that girl people tried to set me up with recently, which is a little weird but I wasn't paying much attention to it until I finished!