Off Topic Playground

Is that for plastic minis?

yep I did a heap of research when I was ment to be working on the best for it... Simple Green wasn't working for me and there's been no softening of the plastic either...

So all the Yan Lo models, McCabe models and next is Lady Justice and my Joker Crew and it's back to priming with a new spray

I haven't had the chance to look at the PDFs yet so I'll check it out when I get a chance tonight.

I didn't play second edition only first and I'm tempted with some figures but for the 3 first armies I have most of what originally came out...

I need to pull it all out!

If we can ever be in the same place with a game table, I'll gladly get the stuffing beaten out of me in a game of Warzone, old or new.

Hmm...so apparently for us in the States, we need to use a 50-50 mix of Pine-Sol and water to get something roughly equivalent to Dettol if we want it to be safe for plastics. Generally speaking I think Simple Green takes enough off that I'm good with it, but it's nice to know I can try something stronger if need be.

Of course, on metal minis, acetone will take off anything that isn't metal- paint, primer, skin...

I think in the states you can get it on eBay lol. Or in pharmacies if you ask them I suspect. In the UK it's trickier.

Rubbing alcohol might work, it's 70% IPA, but I've never used it. It won't hurt the model if you try it, that I am confident of! Soak them for a while (days, weeks, whatever's convenient), scrub them with a toothbrush, then scrub again with soapy water to get the solvent sludge away. That's how I do it.

Heh, she actually. I find it odd because we have two people trained and that's been enough for a good long while. On the other hand, the first shift guy is hardly ever here, and doesn't get a lot done while he is, so they might be training her as a prelude to getting rid of him... that's what happened when I learned the machine.

Aargh, was starving so got a frozen pizza when I nipped to the shops. Been waiting wondering why it doesn't seem to be cooking. Which is because I set it to 200°F, not C...

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Useless people are like cockroaches, you can try all you want but the blasted things just won't go away once they get a foothold!