Off Topic Playground

Immigration turns out to have a few weeks of leeway left yet (although if they'd answer their phones that would be nice!), and tax seems to be fairly simple. Has to be done paper rather than electronic as it's my first return here, but no big issues. Still got to sort them out, but at least the pressure is a bit less.

Currently messing about with a Rex Marksley character for malifaux, because I can't resist it...

Yeah, I have a relatively simple setup and a workmate's mom is a tax person, so I should be ok. Apparently I can do it online and print it, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Rex would be a skirmish model, I haven't really got enough info on TtB to make one for that, but I do have the song in my head and a worryingly vague recollection of what stat cards have on them!

The laugh is, I was in the country for less than the minimum time to be classed as a resident. So I have no idea what I'm liable for, but I'm working on the assumption that they aren't going to say I can not pay any *grin*

Oh, I probably will sculpt him eventually, if I get a fun set of stats I may as well! Though he may have to be able to take jackalopes and vultures even though he'd be a minion.

Sigh. *writes it on the project list* Twenty one...

If I ever work out how to get her under control, my life will be so much simpler and more peaceful! Dull though lol.

Hmm, bases for Kaeris and fire gamin to deal with. What to do, what to do...

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

We found an old radio and LP player from somewhere around the 40s in the theatre prop room today, and she decided I had to repair it and make it work properly again...

Yeah, I fell a little in love with the machine and she kind of took off with it. Still, it'll be fun to fiddle with between set making. I'm being handed total control over the workshop since I'm the only one that seems to know the difference between a three inch screw and a one inch nail!

I have to fit them in with Colette now though, so it's a matter of matching them to the stage set I have the showgirls on. I'm thinking burned and singed backstage machinery, so it's a cross between the wood stage, machinery, and fire. The one throwing a fireball is accidentally melting the side of a support girder, the other two I'm less sure on. Maybe the wreckage of a wooden crate around one, like it burst out?

Honestly, I'll be happy if there are pieces of set that don't have half an inch of screw sticking out the back edge of the beams. Clearing the junk and ruined pieces out the workshop has left me and the other guy with a lot of nasty gouges in our hands! I'm actually organising it all, which has shocked the actors a lot heh.

That's a good point though, I'll be the focal point of all sorts of styles, items and eras being built in there, there should be tons of inspiration for Sophie!

*blinks* I'm in trouble, aren't I...

I need to take some photos of the mannequins ball crew this weekend, to show my (pitiful) progress lol.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Hey the Spine, do you remember when cowboys were still cool?