Off Topic Playground

Oooh I agree. I only play with folks I can meet in a neutral zone and actually have a non game related discussion with. I often ask people out for a beer to get to know them first before I start playing with them. Sometimes you get duds.

One time I went to a bar with a few friends and one of them brought a RP buddy of his with him. The guy just sat there, chicken s*** scared and only peeped out some silliness about anime and his cleric in some RP.

This happened while we discussed history, politics and women. >_<

Some people.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I forgot my point: If you have a random person in there just testing the game, all you are really doing is playing one game with them for them to test it out. You do not have to commit to the person afterwards.

I've got a tournament on Saturday to run, hoping it goes well, and my first session of Deathwatch tonight which should be interesting. Go go stealthy Techmarine! *grin*

And trying to figure out if I can afford to pick up the last of the Wheel of Time books...

Good day everybody. :)

I'm looking forward to the demo game on Saturday Steam, just got to remember to leave a little bit earlier when I have to head home so not to miss the bus like last time. Also looking forward to seeing the Kings of War, Dreadball, and Sedition Wars stuff you got.

Have you seen CoolMiniOrNot's Kickstarter Rivet Wars?

Yeah same here, I like the chibi style but it's really the Steampunk and Dieselpunk theme I'm really liking about it. I'm probably going to wait until it's released before getting it. Got enough miniatures as it is that need painting anyway. :-P

Probably pick up a few more rulebook though. *grin*

Mostly I've been entering competitions from the different miniature wargaming communities like Worthing Painting and Beasts of War. You know unless you enter.

lol, the comments section for miniature wargaming videos are not that bad especially when you compare it to the comment sections of video game videos, those get unclean. I remember seeing the comments on videos for the Space Marine game, the amount of kids screaming that Space Marine was copying Gears of War cause it's chainsword was ripping off the chainsaw lancer. :facepalm: