Off Topic Playground

Personally, I have no feelings either way on whether or not stuff is painted...Elle so infrequently latches onto the paintbrushes that I don't tend to worry about it! I do look forward to seeing that Dead Rider finished, Bleach, love how it looked so far.

Yeah, I'll use it if there's absolutely no option, like when my friend was painting up the ortegas and I took him through his first game. We just used whatever was to hand. But not my preference. I don't even take a shikome with Kirai because I haven't made mine yet and I don't really like proxying random stuff in except occasionally!

But Mako, you paint like a pro. That stuff looks good anywhere!

I can live with others having unfinished crews, paint wise, but I still dislike it. Especially proxies like empty bases or the likes. Why the heck do we even play a miniature based game if you're not going to use them? lol

I can understand a half-assed test game at home, or even in the store with unfinished models. But when I play a real game, I only use finished models. This also gives me a reason to kick myself in the ass to get the models finished. If I want to play with them, gotta have them painted!

Thanks Ed. The model is actually exceeding my own expectations. I am really pleased with how it is turning out. I am still undecided on the rider's skin tone though. I wanted to paint his face exactly like the mounts, as it is all boney and stuff. But what about the fleshy parts of him?

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

I'd maybe get into sculpting once I am done with my painting projects. I can only do one or the other. Though I will have to do some work. I purchased Avatar 'Dora and those tentacles were a real pain to glue onto the base. So many holes and gaps needing filling. I will have to sculpt in some of those gabs to look like the tentacles.

Any tips? :D

Heh, don't those of us who don't sleep have an advantage there? Lol

Bleach, sculpting is just a matter of gentle and careful, with a lot of practice thrown in. Get the basic shape down, then the details on top of it, that way you aren't trying to do too much at once!

@ Mako, well I was going to just smoosh up sone green stuff, not the kind from that funky bucket, but the real deal, and then use some wet tools to sculpt it into the tentacles to fit them.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Oooh. That sounds fun! I think it would be cool, if we all did the same model. Would be more fun to see what each person made out of it in the end. :)

You might be, Mako! lol. The other thing we could do is set an hour for a time limit, where post has to go up with the primed model picture and then another one has to be up within an hour or so. I dunno, it sounds like a fun idea in general!

And I think it'd be hard for all of us to paint the same thing, lol. We're all over the place in this thread for Malifaux allegiances!

I'd have some excess Rotten Belles, a Zombie Pug and Pandora (old model) laying around. So I would be up for such an event.

Clay shapers? I might have to look into those. How exactly do they work?

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Oooooh, I also have a student of conflict model that is unpainted. Could use him, should we go for an Outcast theme. ^^