Off Topic Playground

Yeah, it sucks that I never managed to visit. Lovely place she said, but I couldn't afford it.

Heh, the list from 3rd is: Barbarian (Bbn) Bard (Brd) Cleric (Clr) Druid (Drd) Fighter (Ftr) Monk (Mnk) Paladin (Pal) Ranger (Rgr) Rogue (Rog) Sorcerer (Sor) Wizard (Wiz)

Bt I have no idea if that's valid or even relevant these days...

Why does it have to be so complicated lol. Why couldn't they have stuck with one lot of classes! Heh. I'm contemplating doing a set of miniatures sometime of them, but if the 25 classes in 4th edition is right, that's a bit of a jumbo task!

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Figured some modern style ones would be a laugh, so a bard is a guitar player, a barbarian would be a drunk thug, that kind of thing.

I have no idea, lol.

Oh! Actually I have something of one. I got to read through the Dropzone Commander rules, quite a solid ruleset. Very interesting system, well written and looks like it will work well. I'm liking the different ways the races are setup, and glad that the UCM look like they'll be a fun mix, where I enjoy the aesthetics and what I see of the playstyle.

It depends on how you want to build out your army. Probably not much more 40, even with a swarm army. You don't use a ton of infantry, they're a bit too fragile to use enmasse, but tanks are a reasonable chunk of points. The starter sets are 500-600 points, which is a nice size to get started. Updating from there isn't that hard, luckily.

Their tournament scale is 1500. I'm looking to 1000 as a standard scale I'll be playing, most likely. At 1000 points, I've got a couple infantry platoons with transports, some battle tanks, heavy tanks, special forces and dropships. Going off of a starter set as a base, I'm probably going to need to make about four or five purchases. Another 500 points after that, probably some more tanks and dropships.