Off Topic Playground

Heh, not for the price tag they want for the damn thing! $125 for a starter set, and then they want $75 for four poorly made models? Give me a break.

Of course you'll still be popping in here, when was the last time that you ventured out of this thread, eh? Sorry to hear that you won't be doing Malifaux, but if you don't have anyone to play against it makes sense. Still working on the Raven Guard, or the White Scars?

Lol, actually the starter set is pretty good value for what you get...56 highly detailed plastic minis, the scenery, and the dice rulebooks etc...

But it is a high cost if you have no-one to play it with! thankfully I have a few interested parties and also managed to snag it a t a pretty substantial discount.

That set of 4 models is a joke though ...though if you think about it and divide the asking price by 4 it still equates to what a single finecast model is costing these days , but i won't be partaking..the models are crap lol!

And yeah, still working on both those (its actually a combined army at 2250 pts. Though I have the option to do solely Raven Guard at 1500 if a smaller game is preferred..)

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Morning Abs. Poor mali minis being ignored again.

well, they will get the love eventually lol...just not whilst i am studying too!

Well, even if the starter set is arguably a good deal (a point I still debate), the rest of the kits are a joke. Like the Troll kit at $85...and the Council isn't worth mentioning. Or the cost of the Goblin Town piece! Compared to the WHFB terrain at 2/3rd that cost, it's disgusting what they're trying to pull.

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Heh, sorry. -_- Just getting really sick of GW thinking they can pull this kind of pricing stuff. I wouldn't mind the prices (some of them...) if the kits were a better value compared to their competitors' kits...I don't mind spending $25 or more on a really nicely sculpted 32mm or 54mm piece, but GW is charging more than that for stuff that's much lower quality, and it's getting annoying.

Honestly, I basically have. I've been looking into other games for a while, put a hold on all of my projects for GW or FW...been playing Malifaux, X-wing, RPGs, and decided to check out a game called MERCs cause of a Black Friday sale.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Anyway, have you got your Raven Guard/White Scars all built and primed, Abs? Or at least built?

All built and on resin bases...just need to prime them all and paint them lol!

At present they are more 'grey' knights than RG/WS!!!

And the GW thing..yeah they are expensive but someone said something the other day which sort of rings true...

The kits like the trolls are one off purchases so to recoup the expense put out in sculpting, moulds etc i guess they have to charge higher..things like chaos knights etc people may buy more than one so the price is comparatively lower. Still high, but not astronomical!

Plus they do have a lot of overheads..i think if they didnt have the stores then the minis would possibly be a bit cheaper..

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Not that i'm advocating their price brackets lol..

I just buy what i need...

Ooo...resin bases too. Impressive! What'd you go with for the basing theme? And did you go fluffy with the army lists? Assault troops and bikes?

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Micro-Art-Studio-Ancient-Round-Bases-394x281.jpg

those style bases for all of them, bikes, flyers etc..

Its based on 'The Hunt for Voldorius' so has both Kayvaan Shrike and Kor'sarro Khan in the force....and the bases are to represent rubble from a beautiful city laid waste by war.

And yes, fluffy as I can..so lots of scouts and assault troops in the raven Guard, though there are tac squads too.. But drop pods as transports!

And the White scars element are bikes , attack bikes and a Storm Talon..

I preferred it to the other mdf board terrain companies though. Microart is strong board with a very tight fit. It'll friction hold together. Sarissa Precision is very tight as well, but thinner, I wound up breaking two support beams trying to get them to fit :/ and Warmill had a loose fit, so I glued it and it came out quite well