Off Topic Playground

Ugh, sorry about the car, Monkey. Always a pain to deal with, and based on what gearhead family and friends have told me, it's one thing that sucks about the new technology in cars- that is, old cars are much easier to self-maintain.

My girlfriend is OK. She'll need to have the tumor removed, but it's not something that has to be done immediately. Could've been any number of much worse things instead of a routine procedure.

As for the playtest, long story short I went a month without reporting anything. Other projects and bad timing with my other test folks got in the way, though I got a third player to try it and he likes the concept a lot. Worst case I will email our feedback every so often- I figure it's better than nothing.

Why is it so cold :(

Because it's winter, silly.

Ouch, Boston can't be fun at the moment! She been evacuated, or just bunkered down to wait it out?

Actually, I live about twenty minutes walk from the lake, hope the slope is enough to stop any flooding that makes it to they city!

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

Well, it was a hurricane, then it merged with a winter storm and became some messy combination, and New York is currently paddling. Plus it killed 60 odd people in the Caribbean before it reached mainland. So I reckon it's worth mentioning. Especially when it's the first time I've been on the same continent as one, and both of us are near the path.

What you're really looking at is two different storms mixing together and then combining all that with a South-North Jetstream, or at least that's what I've been seeing. So you've got the nastiness of a fall winter storm (never fun) that's refueled the hurricane and given it more energy to hold onto as the eye leaves the ocean.

She's not close enough to Boston to be evacuated, about an hour and a half, so she's bunkering in, but Boston is basically shut down right now.