Off Topic Playground

SPent today doing last minute cleaning in preparation for my wife getting back from Europe and recovering from running a tournament yesterday.

I was needed as a ringer and boy I wish I had my pair of Wardens complete, they would have changed things a lot (made some tight games a lot easier). I have to say though the surprise model of the event for me goes to the Hunter, he kept pulling his weight and above in the gaes I used him, Ryle is feeling like dea weight at the moment and he has such a target on his head.

Only have to finish off one archer and one torakage and my 10T are ready for paint!

SPent today doing last minute cleaning in preparation for my wife getting back from Europe and recovering from running a tournament yesterday.

I was needed as a ringer and boy I wish I had my pair of Wardens complete, they would have changed things a lot (made some tight games a lot easier). I have to say though the surprise model of the event for me goes to the Hunter, he kept pulling his weight and above in the gaes I used him, Ryle is feeling like dea weight at the moment and he has such a target on his head.

Only have to finish off one archer and one torakage and my 10T are ready for paint!

Yeah I was kinda glad that you didn't have those warden up and running :P

Quite a few I think, the RSVP thread for it is five pages long! But it is a massive city, so it's easier to organise group stuff. The space involved round your way is probably a bit more I imagine!

Reading is good, especially when it keeps you busy during downtime. More prep work for an essay?

Prepping for an essay and a quiz. The essay is only 300 words, so not too bad.

I dunno, Erie's got at least a hundred thousand...just not a lot of writers in the area, I guess. That, and Erie doesn't have an area specific organizer, so that doesn't help. All set to get started on the 1st? Are you aiming for the traditional 1,667 a day, or +/-?

Yeah, it wasn't a whole lot of fun. On the upside, I have readers who are local this year and unafraid to yell at me if I don't finish the story! I'll be jumping back into it soon, just need to finish this homework first...I've got a scene started, developing out Arias and Kiiva some more, and then some ideas on another Faulkner scene.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

You going to be sending out updates of your novel to anyone? I want to know what the hell happens!

The good- I managed to win 2nd place at a Hordes of the Things tournament despite only having played two games before. Technically I got 3rd but the TO got 2nd. Got a nice bag o' evil 15mm creatures from Essex. I have to take back many of the bad things I said about the game- it's actually pretty good. The bad things about the writing, however, I will not retract. All I have to say is, find some experienced players and ask for a demo- failing a HotT demo, a DBA demo will give you an idea.

The bad- between the other players' lack of availability and my trying to keep my own schedule from exploding, I apparently got booted from the playtest. Sent an email asking to stay on even if...well, I can't go further, but let's just say I want to continue to contribute, even if it's not as much as some other folks.

The ugly- Had to take my girlfriend to the hospital tonight. Apparently a cyst that needs to be removed, thankfully benign and she's dealt with this before, so it should be routine.

Not bad. Work is okay, the textbook reading is becoming surprisingly difficult to stay on task. Oh well, almost done with it. After that, a couple quizzes and an essay, and the first week's assignments are done. :)

And I know what you mean about not needing the car trouble...that's been my family the past month. Going to be expensive to fix it?