Off Topic Playground

That's it, Abs. I'm comin' to visit so I can go to YOUR pub, take pictures, notes and videos so I can show the git who own MY pub what a real Irish pub looks like...

Now I frequent a place that is more like.... a lounge than a pub or bar... it's good, Paul is great to us... but still :\

Lol! Have you got your ticket booked? At least the spare room is all decorated now!

To be honest, i can't be 100% sure the pub hasn't changed, its been almost a year since i went in it, due to family commitments or studying! For all i know it could be a wine bar now, full of yuppie types sipping champers!

EDIT: just had a text back from my wife, i asked her about it. Its actually closed down, awaiting new ownership!! Cancel that ticket, unless you just want to come over anyway!?

I sorta had a feeling it was something like this =D

There is nothing wrong with nesting in your bed, it's comfortable as heck *nods*

Whats interesting to me is every gamer girl I've ever known has all done some variation of the same thing... I wonder if its related some how heh =)

One of them would litereally cover her bed in pillows and sleep in the pile XD

that would be too much for me... I like to have some space, but I like it to be cozy.... plus, on days where I stay home, I like to be able to be comfortable when I play gamecube games all day. :D

we should all check with all the girl gamers we know and see if the nest thing is true... I wonder if it's a GAMER thing or a GIRL thing... or just a personality thing we all have in common.... GIRL GAMERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! (dislexic girl gamers of the world untie.... <.<)

that would be too much for me... I like to have some space, but I like it to be cozy.... plus, on days where I stay home, I like to be able to be comfortable when I play gamecube games all day. :D

we should all check with all the girl gamers we know and see if the nest thing is true... I wonder if it's a GAMER thing or a GIRL thing... or just a personality thing we all have in common.... GIRL GAMERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! (dislexic girl gamers of the world untie.... <.<)

LOL! That dyslexic thing really got me off gaurd, almost had coffee out my nose!

I bet it's a personality thing *nods* but it does sound comfortable. Need another pillow? =D

Heh sounds like it ;)

As long as its not one of those places where every night your going to lose a round to some guy getting thrown onto your table or hear the sound of vomiting every hour. When I was in school, mostly all the bars nearby were like that... though I guess it goes with the college culture sadly. That's why I always took the sometimes 20 - 30min trip to get to the really nice ones, still pubs but being that far from a college meant it wasn't a constant frat party.

lol that reminds me of the biker bar we used to go in as college students! Guaranteed you could watch a fight every time, you would get your pint knocked over by someone falling on your table. But they were all very civil...if they didn't get chucked out, the guilty party would offer to replace any drinks he/she spilt!

Oh and the biker babes, they are unreal...in a good way, of course! ;)

Theres something about leather, denim and a few tasteful tattoos!

#whistles#

LOL! That dyslexic thing really got me off gaurd, almost had coffee out my nose!

I bet it's a personality thing *nods* but it does sound comfortable. Need another pillow? =D

YAY coffee out'ca nose :P

It's always nice to climb into my bed... though it's a twin sized bed... and not very accomidating for other human sized/shaped creatures... or medium to large sized dogs....

YAY coffee out'ca nose :P

It's always nice to climb into my bed... though it's a twin sized bed... and not very accomidating for other human sized/shaped creatures... or medium to large sized dogs....

Noo boo coffee out the nose lol, it burns a bit ><

Bah, I can make it work. I can be a flexible when I want to be X)

LAME :(

Is it a Wine bar or a MEAD bar... if it's Mead, I'll watch your offspring for a chance to check it out ;)

I've never heard of a mead bar around here! But we did have a small shop that sold some very nice mead, smooth and delicious! If customs and shipping wasn't such a hassle, i'd send you a bottle if i could track it down!

Hmmm. offers of babysitting in return for the opportunity to visit local pubs? I shall check with the wife to see if we need an au pair! I'm game! ;)

Yeah, i like that one, i also like these:

(and hope no-one who is dyslexic takes offence, my brother in law is severely affected but he can joke about it)

Did you hear about the dyslexic who sold his soul to Santa? he didn't believe in Dog.

(and hope no-one who is dyslexic takes offence, my brother in law is severely affected but he can joke about it)

Did you hear about the dyslexic who sold his soul to Santa? he didn't believe in Dog.

ohhhh that's a mean one XD

On the subject of women in leather etc.... agreed *nods firmly* there is something about that ;)

On the subject of Mead... only ever had it twice at a Renaissance festival.. wasn't bad but I get the feeling it was low quality. Don't know of a place around here that serves it so never got another try at it.

I've never heard of a mead bar around here! But we did have a small shop that sold some very nice mead, smooth and delicious! If customs and shipping wasn't such a hassle, i'd send you a bottle if i could track it down!

Hmmm. offers of babysitting in return for the opportunity to visit local pubs? I shall check with the wife to see if we need an au pair! I'm game! ;)

If I'm anywhere near a school, I'm gonna want to start my Masters degree... be warned *narrows eyes* I would really like to teach British Lit... I know... I'm a Tori... :D

I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my little dyslexia jibe... It was harmless... promise...

BUT ABS!!! Jeeze!!! That was... *can't hold it in any longer and bursts out laughing*

If I'm anywhere near a school, I'm gonna want to start my Masters degree... be warned *narrows eyes* I would really like to teach British Lit... I know... I'm a Tori... :D

I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my little dyslexia jibe... It was harmless... promise...

BUT ABS!!! Jeeze!!! That was... *can't hold it in any longer and bursts out laughing*

Don't worry, i quite like tories, of the young kind anyway. I always have liked a bit of posh!

Glad i made you laugh, hope it didn't disturb the kids too much!

I think the name of that one just sells it right there. Hmmm

it's a heavier mead... Mead should be kind of... light and easy on the taste buds. Viking's Blood is very earthy... it has clove and some other heavy spices for flavor, and it is an amber color as opposed to a lighter honey tone....

if you like mead you should try http://barenjagerhoney.com/home.aspx

it's a honey liquor... :D

it's a heavier mead... Mead should be kind of... light and easy on the taste buds. Viking's Blood is very earthy... it has clove and some other heavy spices for flavor, and it is an amber color as opposed to a lighter honey tone....

if you like mead you should try http://barenjagerhoney.com/home.aspx

it's a honey liquor... :D

Hmmm interesting. I profess I usually do straight hard liquors or beer most of the time so the idea of a drink that isn't hard on your taste buds is appealing. Can't stand most of the light beers or whatever they are called, usually only drink Guinness for beer. I'll have to see if I can find some... this sounds really good.

*notes down the URL for when he can get to it later this evening*

And the idea of a honey liquor sounds awesome though. Thanks Fell =)

Interesting and yet disgusting at the same time XD

I take it it is some kind of Apple based Mead or the like?

it is Hard apple cider... so you're drinking apple juice... with the same AC as a beer.... It's good... until you drink too much of it...

My favorite too much Woodchuck story:

We're walkin' home (we lived a few blocks from the pub). I had one arm around Garrett's neck (my boyfriend) and one around my friend Hal's neck... my feet were movin, but I wasn't walkin' myself home :D they carried me home... I think I would have just... passed out on the sidewalk if they hadn't... XD

It was a good time... til I got home... then it was no apples for me for a while... :P

it is Hard apple cider... so you're drinking apple juice... with the same AC as a beer.... It's good... until you drink too much of it...

We're walkin' home (we lived a few blocks from the pub). I had one arm around Garrett's neck (my boyfriend) and one around my friend Hal's neck... my feet were movin, but I wasn't walkin' myself home :D they carried me home... I think I would have just... passed out on the sidewalk if they hadn't... XD

It was a good time... til I got home... then it was no apples for me for a while... :P

lol! So out of it you were just walking on air huh? ;)

Yeah it's always fun and games until you get home and try to sleep/wake up the next day XD

We have a traditional cider over here called scrumpy! And i remember having a flagon of it before going out to the club. It sounds like what you had Fell, not fizzy at all, yet potent!

I don't remember anything from that night except various flashes of talking to people, dancing etc but everyone else is a silhouette!!

Apparently no-one thought i was drunk either, so either i can handle intoxication well, or it didn't really hit me until later!!

ARGH! no where NEAR lunch time... :(

so tired.... can't even do the crossword puzzle... really need to get up and move around :P maybe i'll go up to the teacher lounge when the bell rings......

That would probably be a good idea, at the very least it gets your blood moving a bit. Maybe go refresh your tea or something. Holy long are the periods at the school?

*sits on your shoulder and swings his legs*

Our you could always go around the room and loom over students XD Though... they may start to think your a little wierd if you do that...

nah... only one student... and he is in ROTC... he's behaving himself... he always does...

Ohhh... well at least he isn't a problem though that does make that period with him a bit boring I imagine.

Hmm you could always work on that side thing if your up for it, you said that kept you awake nicely yesterday. But that does require a certain level of mental clearness heh.

*holds out a piece of coffee cake* Coffee cake?