Off Topic Playground

The plastic seems to be the same quality as that from the old HeroQuest game, among others. Which, although I'd never bothered to paint the figures for the game, they've certainly held up to several years worth of play and rough handling during my many moves from one apartment to another, aside from the occasional weapon snapping off due to poor storage conditions.

As I've said on another thread, be careful when removing the models from the sprues, as thin pieces, like the ropes on both of my Hanging Erics, have a tendency to break (one before I opened the box; one while removing it from the sprue). To minimize damage, I use a top cutter to snip the sprue, then cut the remaining flash off with an Xacto knife.

Thanks for sharing!

...we need to give you a nickname. Yours is too long to type. Hmm...

Well, we could use IWLY, that's a lot shorter. Or Sally, but I think that might be harsh! *wink*

Ahh, hero quest, I remember that. Just! Good solid plastics, though I'd hope the details were a little better on this stuff than on those. Technology has moved on a fair way.

Always handy to have someone prepared to buy you stuff to paint, then get it out your way when it's done!

Dear me, relic knights. A fair amount of skintight clothing and no clothing on those, no? Fun times!

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Ed, you missed out, it was hilarious. Cheesy as hell, but great fun.

40k at a mall, actually. It just kinda spiraled from there.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

I have to admit, the Paladin Order models from Relic Knights do look like fun. Sadly, I'll never get anyone to try the game, much less play. Lots of resistance to anything other than 40k here. Starting to get really annoying.

If you haven't tried HeroQuest, feel free to pick up HeroScape instead. Same rules / stats for the most part, except Quest was meant to be run by a DM versus 1 - 4 players, whereas Scape is PvP. Oh, and Quest was played on a board with approximately 1" squares, whereas Scape has much larger Hex terrain.

All they had to do to make the change was change the dice. Quest had Skulls, White Shields, and Black Shields (for the DM to have the monsters defend). Scape has Skulls, Shields, and blanks (add Black Shields where the blanks are and they're the same). There's even an app for HeroScape dice. :D

[Most monsters were meant to be mooks, weighing in at 2/1 or 1/2 with only 1 wd. 3/3s with 1 wd and 4/4s with 2+ started to get scary.]

Malifaux stats can work handily if you want to give it a go (if dice won't curse your Fate). To attack, roll a number of dice equal to your character's Cb versus your opponent's Df dice (or other appropriate traits). Each Skull you roll is a hit. Each Shield they roll is a block. Any Skulls leftover are applied as Dmg, armor, etc. is factored in, it's converted to Wds, object, etc. takes effect...

[I've also Scape dice in a game of Magic, where each creature was treated as having only 1 Wd.]

That being said, it shows how we can take our Fate decks and go the other direction, using them with the stats for HeroQuest or HeroScape.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Johnny it is! Welcome to the OTT, always glad to see a new face. So, how's it going?

Not bad. Life and warmer weather have kept me from painting, or even playing 'Faux, but with GenCon's releases and the soon to be cooling weather, I have some fresh motivation.