Off Topic Playground

I never realised how big a pain finding a place to rent in a different continent was! Blasted market changes so fast it's hard to get anything done until you're there, by which point it's almost too late!

Fun times...

Try looking for a flat while applying for a masters, all the while applying for funding for said masters so you can afford both it and the flat, all the while the university is going through major changes, won't process applications till early/mid August, current flat runs out in August and the course starts in September. That is fun ;)

Ah, the old problem of 'where the hell do I live for a month'! It's a fun one that.

And I think your plans for world domination have been discovered panda, there are signs all per the place these days saying 'the panda made me do it'...

So far, today isn't going too bad. Left my cellphone at home, so that's annoying, but oh well. Making steady-ish progress on the novel rewrite, so that's always good. Working on feedback for the Iron Quill stories that I haven't contributed to yet. Planned out a Death Korps list for a possible escalation league next year, it seems like it'd be a lot of fun, but figuring out how to afford it is going to be...interesting. And highly dependent on if anything changes drastically when Forgeworld finally puts up the 6th edition update. And I still have...five and a half hours to go before I can go home to bed, lol

The list is 104 models. Honestly, there's too many Death Korps specific things I want to play with to not run the list, like the Centaurs, Quad Launchers and Engineers with a Hades. The list is a command squad with an autocannon and Master of Ordnance, 30 Engineers with Gas Grenades, Demolition Charge and a single Hades, a Platoon of 30 Guardsmen with 3 commissars and 3 lascannons (the three infantry squads and the command squad will be charging forward in a wave) 2 Quad Launchers, 10 Grenadiers in two units of 5 with Centaurs, a Medusa Siege Gun, a Thunderbolt, and a Leman Russ Demolisher with heavy bolters. 2000 points on the nose.

Yeah, the artillery is what's going to kill me...no cheap alternatives to the thudd gun, sadly. The medusa I'm getting maxmini's, it looks good and is a third the cost.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

So, what do you think of your first writing competition so far?

Crappy, lol. Yeah, if it was a cannon that'd work, but the vehicle thing doesn't really fit...ah well. That's why I changed the list from 4 down to 2, LOL. Save some money and sanity. Honestly, if I start setting aside money now, and chip in some of my school refund, I can get the whole thing together in...6 months. Which honestly isn't that bad, and means I'll have my Chaos done and painted before I start working on the Korps. Of course, Ten Thunders is probably going to throw that for a loop, :P