Off Topic Playground

The good news is that my back issue is likely just a badly pulled muscle, though there's a distant chance it's something more. Going to use ice packs, ibuprofen, and time to see if it gets better first.

The bad news is I can't really get back to the gym until this is OK. Guess I can start walking again in the meantime.

My Dad has finally left! Freedom returns to the SteamHammer household.

Did you play George Michael's "Freedom '90" or Aretha Franklin's "You Better Think" after he was out the door? Maybe Rage Against the Machine's "Freedom"?

Aye, that should do the trick!

~The girls start hunting for it... then come back to report than they found a strangely familiar Gremlin snoring away amidst a collection of empty King Goblin bottles~

Regnak has much to answer for!

Wasn't me... *hiccup*

Hows you lot? Barely surviving without me I see?! :)

Been putting together my World Eaters... so far got 20 troops, a Kharn conversion and a Rhino assembled. Also have a Daemon Prince and some Raptors. Should be having a few games against my friends Necrons again tomorrow. Will try my Chaos and see if a fare better than my Death Korps did...

Woohoo, my police check has come back totally clear - either I'm living far too innocently, or I'm just not getting caught *wink* so that can now go to the Canadian embassy to reassure them I won't blow up the country when I arrive...

All these problems with doctors, you can't trust the buggers. just give them a slap and tell them you know how they behaved in med school. That should shut them up!

Too many marines to paint... -_- Now I remember what I liked most about skirmish scale. Fewer models to paint. Granted, this is turning out to be the prettiest army I've ever painted, with some really vibrant colors and a color scheme that isn't complicated at all, but still. I've gotten five marines of 45 painted. Ah well.

Congrats on the app getting processed, Mako! What's bringing you our side of the pond? And how far are you ending up from Niagara Falls?

45 marines? Good grief. I'd go mad after just the five you've done so far! I never did learn to do simple schemes. Always got carried away with the details.

I've got a job doing good old science in Toronto, so not too far from Niagara, especially if you look at distances fom you guys perspective rather than from over here - three hours seems a lot smaller distance when you can describe roads in terms of days rather than hours!

Just a year initially, but if all goes well, I might be staying longer. Just wish I could be certain which country I'd be in when gencon rolls around!

But that whole mess has been the reason I haven't got my votes in yet. Tonight should at last be peaceful though, so I have some hope!

I'm cheating with the details, they're all the same on the marines. Blue for the armor, aged iron for the gilding on the armor, and scorpion green eyes. Weapons are silver washed black. I use...7 paints for the whole model. And it takes a good...hour and a half so far. So, not too bad. But still. Going to be a long project. Good thing is I have a bunch of models for the army that are just going to be fun to paint, as I get five of any infantry done I'm gonna get to paint one of those. Painted an Ogryn last night.

Toronto isn't as far away as I thought it was...granted, it's not exactly a day trip, lol. You're about 6 hours away from me, I think.

Always a plan to have a reward model after a bunch of basic ones. I reckon that's why I paint Malifaux than I ever did GW, at least half the models are reward ones and there's no units of ten or more to deal with!

6 hours is a bit far for a game, but I'm sure there's some middle ground we can inhabit and probably despoil at some point!

How about 4 hours, Mako? Lot shorter than I thought it was, lol. May have to get my passport to arrange that, could be fun. Or maybe there's a gaming shop in Niagara Falls we can meet up in...

Deadpool! Long time no see, how goes?

Tonight it's all about homework, lol. Just finishing up assignments for class that are due today, and that's about it. Saturday, hoping to get in a learning game of 40k 6th edition with my Thousand Sons, and then Saturday night is a Dominion night, which is always fun. Get a group of folks together to play a card game that is equal parts competitive and single player. Love that game...still don't have the latest expansion, but I'd love to pick it up sometime.

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

What about you? Or just gardening this weekend?