Off Topic Playground

People got to arguing about how they did or didn't know better than everyone else. The usual stuff really!

Are we talking a metre ruler to clonk people on the back of the head for being rude? :-P

Well, that works also.... but I was referring more to... *puffs out chest*.. a symbol of Greatness... who happens to be green... and guess what lucky people, I'm both! :)

And yes, I know, its a pleasure posting one the same forum as someone so great. :)

Do people think I've gone too far with thoroughness on this base? It's getting a little repetitive painting tiny leaves :Paralyzed_Puppet:

RavenPriestbasemoreleaves.jpg

Especially given that it'll get half covered in snow afterwards...

Fantastic, but you must be very patient lol!

And a metre rule...good idea...At least it'll keep Regnak that far away from us!

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Well, that works also.... but I was referring more to... *puffs out chest*.. a symbol of Greatness... who happens to be green... and guess what lucky people, I'm both! :)

And yes, I know, its a pleasure posting one the same forum as someone so great. :)

Wow, thats the best joke I've heard all day!

Do people think I've gone too far with thoroughness on this base? It's getting a little repetitive painting tiny leaves :Paralyzed_Puppet:

Especially given that it'll get half covered in snow afterwards...

WOW, that base is amazing. Actually "amazing" feels insufficient to truly capture the awesomeness of that base, bravo!

Fantastic, but you must be very patient lol!

And a metre rule...good idea...At least it'll keep Regnak that far away from us!

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Wow, thats the best joke I've heard all day!

And when I am king you can be my Jester :) I'll add some nice bells to your wheels. And think yourself lucky, you were originally going to be a porta potty! :)

Since Fell no longer posts that much (Shes still embarrassed that I turn her down when she asked Regnak the mighty out on a date) I'm taking over! :) So fall in people, I am your Green Leader and you will obey! :)

Gah! I go for a coffee and when I get back that 'king gremlin is back.

Heh, nice visual pun :)

I get what you're saying Dustcrusher and I do think that if kept on track, these sort of threads could be useful discussions.

I have to say I'm not a fan of trying to put armies etc into tiers...To me, it seems like if you can put these forces into different levels then it shows the game is seriously unbalanced, or at least appears to be. I guess that is kind of the point but it just seems like a lot of effort for little or no reward....Unless the developers actually do something about it!

I understand there are gamers out there who do it for the winning, and want to know the best armies and builds out there. But thats just not me, so all this discussion of 'this army is broken' etc just washes over me..I f I'm unfortunate enough to meet one of these WAAC armies and get trounced, I get trounced. the issue is when the game stops being fun.

I guess I just don't get it really, not being involved in tournaments etc where I can see it not being fair if armies aren't balanced, or its the same lists turning up over and over.

I just pick an army or force because I like the look of it..

Anyway...

Hows things lol! ?

I guess for me it's less about win-at-all-costs and more about "which forces will I be more likely to struggle against?" Also, if there's enough informed consensus (and not just people agreeing with the tournament level players), it might indicate a bit of rebalance is in order. Malifaux is still less imbalanced than 40k in my mind, where some matchups are pretty much a guaranteed loss unless the player with the weaker force is leaps and bounds better than the one with the higher-rated army.

I still think Omenbringer's anecdote about the new player getting started with Hamelin and steamrolling the league at a local store is still pretty solid evidence of imbalance.

Well said Sir! :)

I'm the same. Its like my 500 point Death Korp army list I'm working on. My friend is doing a 500 point necron one and according to him and GW shop guys I'm likely to get my ass kicked. But you know what, I'm still getting them ready and am looking forward to the game. I do have enough to have a way bigger point game but my friend has only just got into 40k so doesn't have many models yet. I'm just a huge fluffy list fan. Keeping things fluffy may loose me every game I play but I'd damn sure have more fun than fielding a "Leaf Blower" list and winning every game I play...

I actually like 500 pt 40k with the Combat Patrol rules. It's more like the original Rogue Trader that I knew of (but never actually played). There's nothing wrong with fluffy lists- our store's longtime players actually drive out jerky powergamers because they know it ruins everyone's fun. Store owner's even banned a few people outright for bad behavior.

Even at it's worst I've had a lot more fun with Malifaux than I did with 40k. Just blogged a crazy idea about 12-15 pt quick games which would include promoting some minions to henchmen. I think a scenario pitting, say, Joss and a few M&SU members against a Witchling Handler and a few Stalkers might be fun.

Morning all.

Only a single post in the whole evening. I remember the days when 10 pages would appear overnight. #Sits down in a rocking chair on the porch and starts yelling at youngsters#

Even at it's worst I've had a lot more fun with Malifaux than I did with 40k. Just blogged a crazy idea about 12-15 pt quick games which would include promoting some minions to henchmen. I think a scenario pitting, say, Joss and a few M&SU members against a Witchling Handler and a few Stalkers might be fun.

Give it a go. You'd probably need story events rather than the usual schemes and strategies. Rather than have a minion as a henchman, why not just have a single soulstone that can be used by anyone on the crew. Lets people work out what is the best use for it.

Morning all.

Only a single post in the whole evening. I remember the days when 10 pages would appear overnight. #Sits down in a rocking chair on the porch and starts yelling at youngsters#

I know, shocking isn't it?

Mind you, we have lost a few:

Chocobo has gone AWOL

Hayzel has all but disappeared

Sketch doesn't even post, guessing too busy now lol

Fell's post count has slowed since her move

KArn is still on the periphery, but nowhere near as prolific.

Spoon has loped off

Edonil seems to have vanished

Yazza, Lobostele and Hatchethead haven't posted in aeons!

The list probably goes on....

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

*shakes head*

I'll get the coffee and sarnies on!

I know, shocking isn't it?

Mind you, we have lost a few:

Chocobo has gone AWOL

Hayzel has all but disappeared

Sketch doesn't even post, guessing too busy now lol

Fell's post count has slowed since her move

KArn is still on the periphery, but nowhere near as prolific.

Spoon has loped off

Edonil seems to have vanished

Yazza, Lobostele and Hatchethead haven't posted in aeons!

But all is not lost, Regnak is as handsome and witty as always. Without him I don't think anyone would post on this forum

The list probably goes on....

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

*shakes head*

I'll get the coffee and sarnies on!

Awwww.. thanks Abs *Blushes* :)

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Morning Reg Fans...

how are you fine fellows this morning? Today is my last day off before work begins... and a horrible shift of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday to look forward to :(

When is the exam? I haven't studied anything since uni (a long time ago).

This month will be taken up with finishing DA2, playing ME3 and then my brother visits for a fun booze filled holiday. Plus the usual trying to find time to paint and exercise.

The exam is in June, so a while off, but I really want to pass it and be free!

So it will be nose to the grindstone study wise...

Awwww.. thanks Abs *Blushes* :)

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Morning Reg Fans...

how are you fine fellows this morning? Today is my last day off before work begins... and a horrible shift of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday to look forward to :(

Regnak, I'm sorry to hear that. No, really.

;)

Though to be fair, if Regnak wasn't posting on here from time to time, it would get pretty empty!

And how come you don't topple over, with a head THAT big!!

I've an exceptionally strong neck! :)

Well, today I shall be working on some 40k stuff while watching some Netflix. Got to get some paint on more Death Korps and also may start painting up some Black Reach Orks that I've had for years....Should have enough ORks for a 500point list.. thinking of picking up a Weirdboy for fun.. so can have another 500point army to play or let another friend use (trying to get other friends into 40k).

Orks are cool....

I really like the new stormboyz models, and the nobz, and the bikers....

;)

So, out of interest folks, what would be your favourite 3 Malifaux Masters?

This could be decided on Fluff, the minis, how they play, anything!

Mine would most likely be:

1. Lady Justice: My first crew, fantastic minis and imagery..fits my playstyle (assault)

2. Lilith: Love the Nephilim vibe, Great ideas for painting, again fits my playstyle (assault)

3. Seamus: Undead Hookers! Some nice minis, fluff is great...plus you get molly too!

Edited by Absolution Black

Orks are cool....

I really like the new stormboyz models, and the nobz, and the bikers....

;)

So, out of interest folks, what would be your favourite 3 Malifaux Masters?

This could be decided on Fluff, the minis, how they play, anything!

Mine would most likely be:

1. Lady Justice

2. Lilith

3. Seamus

1. Molly (Does she count as a master for this?) Like her character fluff and also the mini

2. The Viks Don't own the models but like the story behind the "twin"

3. Seamus love the fluff! :)

But agree with Steam... we need way more fluff. I know theres alot of characters but some of them seem to be neglected after the initial mini push...