Off Topic Playground

Morning!

Stand up..can be hit or miss IMO.

I will recommend Eddie Izzard, Rhod Gilbert (a bit shouty though) and I do like Peter Kay too!

Eddie is a bit marmite, but he is very good in making historical or religious things funny as he tries to reason the ideas behind certain events.

So, you guys all saving hard for Gencon...only the Ophelia box takes my fancy, slop haulers too, so going to hold out for a general release and spend the money elsewhere!

Sometimes foul-mouthed comedy can be good. Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and Eddie Murphy were all foul-mouthed comedians in their day. That said, I do agree that too many comedians use naughty words as a crutch. It's as if they think "well, the jokes I spent a lot of time working on are bombing, time to make portmanteaus with the f-word!" Fun to do with your friends, lame when someone gets (or attempts to get) paid to do the same thing.

I'd love to see you cats at Gencon even though I haven't been around, but it sounds like you're all skipping this year :( Maybe if I go again next year...