Off Topic Playground

well,.. there's always photo shop. You can make it say whatever you want,... *grin*

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Having a bit of an issue with the base sculpting though. I've got the basic pattern down. But the more I try to carve/file the curvature of the pattern into the fimo, the more the edge seems to chip and/or crumble. I can't seem to get a clean line in it.

Maybe should have tried to work the pattern in while it was still soft. Or, maybe should have just painted the pattern on a flat disk of fimo. I could have gotten really sharp lines that way,..

hrrm,.... thoughts?

I can try baking it again. Maybe it's not fully cured or something. If the lines were straight, I don't think I'd have the same problem. I think it may be the curve making it hard to get the lines in. (I may have to scrap it and start over if I can't figure it out)

I tried doing some while it was soft, but it just kept deforming, which is why I baked it first.

They'll always be floppy, PVA won't make them stiffer. Its the nature of the glue residue. If you want ones that can stick up into the air, you need to use texture gel not UHU. That's a very different trick. The UHU/Tamiya is for stringy, hanging goo. It really needs both ends supporting.