Off Topic Playground

Haven't, no. Only now starting to have my damn car back so I could do it. :P

I've heard about that, actually, Monkey. With carbon fiber arrows no less!

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Yeah, I've seen $10 an arrow before.

Not quite. Still need to do the chains on the coffin, but that's fairly quick. One last layer of highlights on the coffin too, now that it's glued in place. And the Peacebringer isn't done, but I want to work on the Judge's sword, test out colors with that as it's a bit bigger.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

After this, I'm partway through on the Judge, having his coat done and the colors blocked out for his leather. I want to figure out how to make it the color that I used as a shadow in the leather and coffin on the Marshal.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

What's on the paint deck at the moment, Steam?

And you, Monkey?

I'm going to leave this here for bow to critique if she wants. I need help with the placement of shadows on the face. (and to explain, the eyes and lips are mostly done, everything else is still being worked on) Also, should I give more shadow to the upper lip?

p.s. This is a bit jaggedy looking because its drawn with a mouse and not a tablet!

33lyvc3.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I am either going to visit some friends this weekend, or calling a last minute D&D game.

I just like the weekends because my husband is off!

It is pretty good, especially for a first go! I will happily critique but its going t have to wait at least until my lunch break. I'm not awake enough for a proper crit.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Also, is that a pencil sketch beneath the color?

Why can't you see it from there, Dust?

I'm usually reading this at work during down time. There are very aggressive filters here. I can look it up at home when I get time.

I was looking to build using Mantic's much cheaper models.

The Mantic Dark Elves are (mostly) normal Elves with metal conversion parts. The Abyssal Dwarves are too. Granted, as Malifaux fans we are used to dealing with fiddly bits, but an army's worth of them might be table-flipping levels of aggravating. Some in the Mantic community have been suggesting they redo the parts in their sprueless plastic/resin-plastic/"restic." Much easier to deal with getting them to fit on sprue-plastic than metal- you can always give them a quick dunk in hot water or hit them with a hair dryer if you need to adjust the parts.

Also, the look of the elves is...polarizing, to say the least. I think they look decent once you paint them up even a little, but a lot of folks still want ham-fisted, pointy-eared humans in scale mail skirts so they don't like that Mantic went a different route.

Ok I'm home and so sore...

I've spent most of tonight making a banner for the football team we follow...

The club is flying me to another state to see them on the weekend as well

Football-football, American football/gridiron (I'm assuming not), or Australian Rules Football (best referees ever)?

It's going to be a long time off. I have my domain name and haven't even put a page up. I let my old domain expire and I have to set the whole thing up from scratch.

Considering I'm not in my old hobby anymore, and I backed up the site beforehand, I didn't think it was worth it to maintain two sites. Besides, most of the photos from the old site are still out there on Flickr.