Off Topic Playground

Well I have failed my challenge to paint 1000 points of Bolt Action Americans in 5 days. Whilst there is time to finish the infantry today there is no way I'll get the tank done, but oh well, I have got a fair bit painted and the rest of the infantry is half done so I am proud of what I have accomplished.

Thanks Mako! Hoping to get a camera one of these days so I can show people the models I've been painting. Would likely start up a plog then for it.

Painted 10 infantry (7 rifles, 1 BAR 2 SMG), 10 veterans (3 rifles, 2 BAR, 5 SMG), a bazooka team (2 models), 50cal HMG (3 models plus gun) and 60mm Mortar (3 models plus mortar) and managed to base them all too. Right now I have 10 infantry (armed as other infantry), my CO team (3 models) and 5 other assorted infantry models half painted, including my sniper team, lol. So yeah, I have managed to get a fair bit done and I might have completed it if I'd not gone out all day and evening on Wednesday.

I just went out and hung out with some friends, not done it for a while since I'd been sick so thought it was high time I got out of the house again. If you think those Americans are a lot, also remember I have painted about 40 zombies in the last few weeks as well ;)

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Painting for me comes in fits and starts though, I am painting loads right now, but one day I'll look at a half painted squad and say "meh" and not look at a paint for nearly a year, lol.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Right, time to get off here and hopefully get some more Americans painted for tonight. It's their first outing on the table this evening (been borrowing a friends army to play Bolt Action until now) so wish me luck.

Have fun!

Nt sure I could cope with 6 months of no painting, but then again I have quit the hobby three times so far in my life lol

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Sophie? Sooophieeee, where've you gone? *checks behind monoliths* I have cookies if you come back sweetheart...

Nothing. Damn. *nips out to check other forums* Still nothing. Where the heck can she have gone?

*starts randomly flipping over cushions and thread occupants looking for his muse*

HEY! Hands off my comfy chair!

~Puts the cushains back on whilst muttering under my breath about how it'd taken months to get them how I wanted them~

Just be happy I have the girls off hunting down rogue ballerina golems, those things are scary, woke up last night to find three of them dancing at the foot of my bed!

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Managed to finish off most of the models I had half painted though, but not based them yet.

Was pretty rough, I sat down at work to type like I always do, and I could almost hear the click of the door as she scarpered. Sullen is one thing, but total silence in my head? That's just creepy...

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Maybe doing a quick rewrite of the rules for my game was a step too far for the poor thing...

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Although according to my count, I did get 1200 written today. But it was like pulling sharks teeth while wearing a bacon suit

Tar like fluid starts to drip from a small crack in the ceiling of the thread , each black drop forming into a small humanoid form all running around screaming yo momma jokes . In unison they run to the center of the room colliding into and absorbing into one another in a twisting mini whirlwind of .......... FOERENDER ! ta da !

Whats up all , sitting around waiting for buds to come with beer and figs , Game night ! rare to get in good weekend gaming for me .