Off Topic Playground

You definitely did good with this story, Abs! :)

I'm good! Looking forward to the conference tomorrow, listening to an interesting audiobook right now. Working some more on the novel in short bursts of inspiration. Did you get the chance to see the new version of Sergeant Justice Black?

Not yet, but its on the list of things to do lol!

And I know..votes..its unheard of lol!

I think its easier writing a Black story as he's the main focus, the Knoffler one I was relatively happy with but would have preferred it to be longer lol...more chance to build up the mystery etc...maybe i'll revisit and expand it in the future..

Did you see my comment about collating all the stories in a round into one thread? Think it will make it easier to read them in the future..I know I will want to go back and re-read some..

Just something to think about for later...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Thanks to Abs my wallet is even worse than originally planned. But at least it's more stuff to look forward to.

They will be coming to you today..I'm taking a trip to the Post Office at lunch!

Good luck with assembling that Perdita Avatar..I've heard its a bitch lol..

I do like that idea of bringing the Iron Quill entries into one thread, and I'm gonna send off a message to Ratty about getting such a thread stickied.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

I use Loctite, personally. Superglue works better in my experience than plastic glue.

Morning, all.

Exactly. Ugh. Still not looking forward to that kit, lol. That's why I'm really liking the turn to plastic, kits like that won't be as difficult to assemble.

I have put off assembling mine for a long time for this very reason.

Really? I don't think I've played 25 stones or less...excepting demos, but since I'm running them, those don't really count. We did 35 pretty quick.

I am still a horribly slow player. I'm hoping Song of Blades and Heroes, Kings of War, Mighty Armies, and other more abstracted games help me improve my play speed.

I like to do demos at 12-15 stones unless I know I have plenty of time. You can do them on a 2x2 board with a couple of adjustments. Makes for a fast, bloody game :1_Happy_Puppet1:

Yeah my wallet is not going to love me in the next couple of weeks....

Me neither. Trip this weekend, Gencon orders next weekend, Dragoncon two weeks later.

I thought they had told us that this plastic requires superglue already? I imagine it's going to be even more durable than the so-called "restic" that Mantic uses.

I wonder if they'll do a demo like the one I read about of a Dropzone Commander mini- company owner took a transport and threw it against a wall. Mini didn't even have a scratch. Now to be fair it was probably drywall and not, say, exposed brick, but still...

I wonder if they'll do a demo like the one I read about of a Dropzone Commander mini- company owner took a transport and threw it against a wall. Mini didn't even have a scratch. Now to be fair it was probably drywall and not, say, exposed brick, but still...

His office is in an old English house. Plaster over brick on that particular wall (he's an old mate of mine, it's just the kind of insanity he does so well, flinging the model with the most sticky out fins at the hardest thing in his office). That resin is just disturbingly hard to damage, and takes superglue so well it's near impossible to get apart later!

I'm actually curious to play DzC, it's changed quite a few times since I last saw anything on paper (pre play testing) I hear.

How do all? Steam, work sucking is a real shame.

If you hold off til next August, I night be able to join in! *wink*

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I have no idea, I'll try to ask but his work schedule makes me want to cry so it could take a while to get an answer.

I know when I had a few of them to paint (got a spot in the rule book too, guest painter!) I used that loctite superglue that comes in the black plastic block with silver ridges on each side. Power flex, I think it's called. And taking something off afterward was a nightmare. I thought it would be easier to break the model, but even that took me ages!

Guest painter? That's most excellent, Mako.

I am not sure anyone's going to try DZC in my local stores. My main store is mostly 28mm scale, other than Spartan Games and some DBx players. I've been reading interesting things- sounds like it's nice and tactical without being too heavy. The other store's mostly GW, collectible games (bleah), and an RPG group.

Sorry to hear that Chocobo....

Least being home gives me a chance to go through the Iron Quill submissions...

I'm sorry, Chocobo. Been there, man, it sucks. :/

Yeah, the Iron Quill entries have been very good. Thanks for getting in your votes, Chocobo. :)

It's amazing how the pursuit of companionship gets us into all sorts of trouble, heartache, and headache, yet we keep doing it anyway.

Hopefully things will get better for ya, one way or the other.

thanks guys :D