Off Topic Playground

Side effect of buying Kaeris.

So at some point soon I can expect to burst into flames? That should make the day amusing at least!

I'll have a sandwich, could do with some lunch. Finding flights that don't involve a 9 hour overnight in Zurich is getting expensive...

So at some point soon I can expect to burst into flames? That should make the day amusing at least!

I'll have a sandwich, could do with some lunch. Finding flights that don't involve a 9 hour overnight in Zurich is getting expensive...

I set things on fire...

*snaps fingers, sets Abs on fire*

You fly to Zurich to get to Sweden?

Zurich is Switzerland right? Now I'm not the best at geography, but flying to Switzerland to get to Sweden seems mad?

What airline is that?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I set things on fire...

*snaps fingers, sets Abs on fire*

*rolls eyes*

Charming...... why do i have to be the example? Ok, I'm in flame resistant armour, but even so.... ;)

*puts out flames with hose attachment*

At some point today this combination of Visio And MS project are going to make my eyes melt...

At some point today I may actually understand what you are talking about lol! ;)

techy I guess...

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Find people in Zurich to hang out for near/in the airport for 9 hours.

Yeah, you should find them ok....after all, aren't they neutral..should get on with anybody! ;)

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Get a ferry to sweden direct.....My parent s came back that way once I'm certain...will probably take the same amount of time as the stopover, but at least you will be moving!

Microsoft Visio - Allows you to make process diagrams, I am making call flow diagrams. Fun

Microsoft Project - Allows you to make project plans.

*blank look*

Nope..still lost me! ;)

I'll take your word for it that its a bit mindnumbing.....

*goes off to watch Big and Small*

Seriously, for a kids programme, its brilliant....Lenny Henry does the voices..

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

*waits for fell to ask who lenny henry is*

You fly to Zurich to get to Sweden?

Zurich is Switzerland right? Now I'm not the best at geography, but flying to Switzerland to get to Sweden seems mad?

What airline is that?

There's quite a few, the cost for a direct flight is twice that of a random halfway across eurpoe one. There's the option of manchester-london-sweden, but the timing on that means a hotel overnight in expensive-land (Stockholm that is. It's even worse than London for cost, I'm told!). Have to check with the people who'll be paying the bill in the end I guess!

And Fell, that's a lovely fire trick! Though I wish I hadn't had to see Abs' hose attachment afterward...

I think the discussion of a tier list has merit, even if it's to say that Malifaux is too complex to have one. Hatchethead and msgfree and I among others were trying to steer things back on-topic and then a couple of people come out of left field and restart the fire. :facepalm:

Race and political baiting on a forum about toy soldiers? I come here to forget about reality for a while, fer cryin' out loud. I hope a certain person *who shall remain nameless* got a stern warning. I would've banned him for a week- it's sad that the classic Penny Arcade axiom still applies today.

On a much more fun note, my LGS owner says I should have new shineys coming in tomorrow- if I had to guess, probably Taelor, the Ronin, and maybe a Desperate Merc or two.

Aye, tis a shame. That's why I try to go by the old Mythbusters adage - "I reject your reality and substitute my own". It's much easier when everything like that is replaced by happy little delusions. Or with new shiny of course!

I get what you're saying Dustcrusher and I do think that if kept on track, these sort of threads could be useful discussions.

I have to say I'm not a fan of trying to put armies etc into tiers...To me, it seems like if you can put these forces into different levels then it shows the game is seriously unbalanced, or at least appears to be. I guess that is kind of the point but it just seems like a lot of effort for little or no reward....Unless the developers actually do something about it!

I understand there are gamers out there who do it for the winning, and want to know the best armies and builds out there. But thats just not me, so all this discussion of 'this army is broken' etc just washes over me..I f I'm unfortunate enough to meet one of these WAAC armies and get trounced, I get trounced. the issue is when the game stops being fun.

I guess I just don't get it really, not being involved in tournaments etc where I can see it not being fair if armies aren't balanced, or its the same lists turning up over and over.

I just pick an army or force because I like the look of it..

Anyway...

Hows things lol! ?

Do people think I've gone too far with thoroughness on this base? It's getting a little repetitive painting tiny leaves :Paralyzed_Puppet:

RavenPriestbasemoreleaves.jpg

Especially given that it'll get half covered in snow afterwards...

Edited by Mako

I get what you're saying Dustcrusher and I do think that if kept on track, these sort of threads could be useful discussions.

I have to say I'm not a fan of trying to put armies etc into tiers...To me, it seems like if you can put these forces into different levels then it shows the game is seriously unbalanced, or at least appears to be. I guess that is kind of the point but it just seems like a lot of effort for little or no reward....Unless the developers actually do something about it!

I understand there are gamers out there who do it for the winning, and want to know the best armies and builds out there. But thats just not me, so all this discussion of 'this army is broken' etc just washes over me..I f I'm unfortunate enough to meet one of these WAAC armies and get trounced, I get trounced. the issue is when the game stops being fun.

I guess I just don't get it really, not being involved in tournaments etc where I can see it not being fair if armies aren't balanced, or its the same lists turning up over and over.

I just pick an army or force because I like the look of it..

Anyway...

Hows things lol! ?

Well said Sir! :)

I'm the same. Its like my 500 point Death Korp army list I'm working on. My friend is doing a 500 point necron one and according to him and GW shop guys I'm likely to get my ass kicked. But you know what, I'm still getting them ready and am looking forward to the game. I do have enough to have a way bigger point game but my friend has only just got into 40k so doesn't have many models yet. I'm just a huge fluffy list fan. Keeping things fluffy may loose me every game I play but I'd damn sure have more fun than fielding a "Leaf Blower" list and winning every game I play...

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I think the discussion of a tier list has merit, even if it's to say that Malifaux is too complex to have one. Hatchethead and msgfree and I among others were trying to steer things back on-topic and then a couple of people come out of left field and restart the fire. :facepalm:

Race and political baiting on a forum about toy soldiers? I come here to forget about reality for a while, fer cryin' out loud. I hope a certain person *who shall remain nameless* got a stern warning. I would've banned him for a week- it's sad that the classic Penny Arcade axiom still applies today.

On a much more fun note, my LGS owner says I should have new shineys coming in tomorrow- if I had to guess, probably Taelor, the Ronin, and maybe a Desperate Merc or two.

Wowsers... what happened?

I don't know, I leave you guys alone for a while and things get out of hand... see... you need a ruler! :)

Wowsers... what happened?

I don't know, I leave you guys alone for a while and things get out of hand... see... you need a ruler! :)

People got to arguing about how they did or didn't know better than everyone else. The usual stuff really!

Are we talking a metre ruler to clonk people on the back of the head for being rude? :-P