Off Topic Playground

lmao!! fat lot a help you are!!! *both cower outside hayzels room*

Erm... anyone good in handling real spiders??

hey, its a real one....look at the legs, far too many to be useful. And all those eyes...and the hair!!

If it was a resser one, at least its dead...and slower!

*watches the shadows*

Did you see where it went?

Sorta, lol. Not as quickly as I'd like, I'm right under 3k behind at this point, but it's still progressing. I've got two scenes right now underway that I need to get done, along with the re-edit of Zygmunt and Abner's 'chat'. At least I know what I'm working on! And I have ideas of where to go next. Right now, my biggest debate is how long to hold off the Big Bad...

Sorta, lol. Not as quickly as I'd like, I'm right under 3k behind at this point, but it's still progressing. I've got two scenes right now underway that I need to get done, along with the re-edit of Zygmunt and Abner's 'chat'. At least I know what I'm working on! And I have ideas of where to go next. Right now, my biggest debate is how long to hold off the Big Bad...

I guess it'll just feel natural to bring 'him/her' into the story at some point....trying to force a character in doesn't work.

But leaving it too late, and it may feel rushed?

Tricky decision...tricky

I guess it'll just feel natural to bring 'him/her' into the story at some point....trying to force a character in doesn't work.

But leaving it too late, and it may feel rushed?

Tricky decision...tricky

At the moment, I'm planning for 'about' 2/3rds in. Gives a third of the book over to them having a lot more information to work with. That may change at some point, I must admit. Right now, I'm working on introducing the fifth nationality with the airplanes, and having some fun with it. Mimbak (name subject to change...not a fan of it, honestly, but it was a good stand-in) a race of nomads. Some of the clans travel the seas, some the air, and some over land...Drake's dealing with an air clan that is open to some mercenary work. It's slow going, for some reason, but it is fun. :)

Hey Steam! I haven't lost you as a reader, have I? Haven't heard from you in a while about it. (I'll not be offended if you've stopped reading it, honestly)

Sorry, my critic skills fail after "ME LIKE!" accompanied by some knuckle dragging and bouncing up and down. Still reading and enjoying it but getting very confused by all the people and threads. It probably makes sense if you read it in one go but each day I've forgotten what was going on the day before so it takes a while to remember who's who.

Edited by SteamHammer

Sorry, my critic skills fail after "ME LIKE!" accompanied by some knuckle dragging and bouncing up and down. Still reading and enjoying it but getting very confused by all the people and threads. It probably makes sense if you read it in one go but each day I've forgotten what was going on the day before so it takes a while remember who's who.

Okay, was just curious if you still were reading. :) Glad to see you're sticking around for the journey.

Sorry about the confusion... well, kinda, lol. Personally, I deliberately wove in some threads to be untangled... I love well placed and well done mysteries as part of the overall plot, and that's definitely coming through.

@Abs- I'm not sure I want to toss another betrayal at Faulkner... the dude's been through a lot, and I'm not sure what I'd do with his personality if he goes through another round of it, lol. Although, I suppose I could just kill him off via betrayal... might get a lot of rage from other readers, though.