Off Topic Playground

When you say Maine Black Bears, You've said it all!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

my dad has one of Bobby Orr's hockey sticks... it hangs over our mantle... in our living room... And he has a Charra jersey... not signed... the stick is signed though.... It's nearly as tall as he is (at 6')

*low Whistle* Thats a nice piece to have, I don't have anything by Orr though I've wanted to get his sig on his Jersey for a while. Just always seem to miss the events he's at... though if they do win the Cup tonight... I'm sure he will be at the parties in Boston. *rubs beard thoughtfully*

Hockey Sticks are big! When they are standing up straight you want them to come to just about your Chin. =)

*low Whistle* Thats a nice piece to have, I don't have anything by Orr though I've wanted to get his sig on his Jersey for a while. Just always seem to miss the events he's at... though if they do win the Cup tonight... I'm sure he will be at the parties in Boston. *rubs beard thoughtfully*

Hockey Sticks are big! When they are standing up straight you want them to come to just about your Chin. =)

But surely thats YOUR chin. It would be too big for Fell!

Oh, I know... and Orr is a giant... so his is especially big... haha

We had a goalie at UMaine my Junior and Senior years who was 6'7"... when he butterflied he filled the entire net... the only drawback was that he had a hard time getting back on his skates.... I watched the UMaine/North Dakota game in 2006 (Frozen Four) and was amazed... at our end was Big Ben, 6'7"+skates... the ND goalie was so short you could bang his head off the crossbar... but he was SO FAST....

But surely thats YOUR chin. It would be too big for Fell!

Well for the Player =P

Oh, I know... and Orr is a giant... so his is especially big... haha

We had a goalie at UMaine my Junior and Senior years who was 6'7"... when he butterflied he filled the entire net... the only drawback was that he had a hard time getting back on his skates.... I watched the UMaine/North Dakota game in 2006 (Frozen Four) and was amazed... at our end was Big Ben, 6'7"+skates... the ND goalie was so short you could bang his head off the crossbar... but he was SO FAST....

Thats a big Goalie! I mean Thomas is only 5' 11" and he fills the net pretty well, plus his aggressive style of play hides the net when he charges out of the crease like he does. But 6'7" goalie?! I can't even really picture that...

Actually Orr isn't all that tall.. he is only 5' 11" (well I guess that is kinda tall >.>) but he did have a long stick.

this conversation has officially slid from high brow into the gutter *rolls eyes*

Like I said, Karn, He was a fantastic goalie... as long as he stayed on his skates.... then he just flopped around like a dead fish... although there was this one fight he was in... before he got to school... *smiles* He's signed with the St. Louis team....

this conversation has officially slid from high brow into the gutter *rolls eyes*

haha! yes... yes it has. XD

Like I said, Karn, He was a fantastic goalie... as long as he stayed on his skates.... then he just flopped around like a dead fish... although there was this one fight he was in... before he got to school... *smiles* He's signed with the St. Louis team....

Yeah I can bet. I don't know which I like more, the big goalies or the small quick ones. Both can be walls in the Net..

Hmm this one fight? Do tell =D

Congrats to him! Is he still playing for them?

Walks into thread super amped !!

Whats up all !!!

@ Abs - they kept my wifey in the hospital for about 4 weeks when my son was being born as well . The pregnancy caused her to have super high blood pressure . I know how it is to have to go to the hospital every day for a month .

he's on their.... back up... league *blushes*

He was playing in St. Louis... for a Junior league... EVERY other player on the ice was beating the hell out of each other... Ben and the other goalie are at center ice, skating back and forth, taunting each other, but not crossing the line... no helmets, no gloves... Ben was head and shoulders bigger than this kid... And fianlly he snapped... He crossed the center line and laid the other goalie flat with two hits....

he's on their.... back up... league *blushes*

Thats still something to be sure! If he can pick his game up to the next level hopefully he can get a spot on the NHL team.

But why the blush *eyes*

He was playing in St. Louis... for a Junior league... EVERY other player on the ice was beating the hell out of each other... Ben and the other goalie are at center ice, skating back and forth, taunting each other, but not crossing the line... no helmets, no gloves... Ben was head and shoulders bigger than this kid... And fianlly he snapped... He crossed the center line and laid the other goalie flat with two hits....

Haha! Go Ben! You rarely get to see a goalie fight but it's always brutal when it happens!

What happened that spurred that kind of fight? Teams can get in huge trouble for fighting like that... must have been something big.

btw: I must say, the Screaming Black Bear is much more impressive than the Bruins' Bruin.... :\

No I agree with you XD

But the Bruin is dignified and powerful, not one to be easily riled but ready to bring heck and high water if it is ;D

I blushed cause I don't remember the name of the back up team league... is it the AHL?

The teams had been at it all game... each time messing with the goalies... several people had already been ejected... it just exploded... And Ben and the other goalie felt the need to have it out too...

If you search for Ben Bishop +Goalie fight on youtube you should find it....

Dignified? the Screaming Black Bear says a combination of "Suck it, I dare you, Fear me, and You're doomed!"

I blushed cause I don't remember the name of the back up team league... is it the AHL?

The teams had been at it all game... each time messing with the goalies... several people had already been ejected... it just exploded... And Ben and the other goalie felt the need to have it out too...

If you search for Ben Bishop +Goalie fight on youtube you should find it....

Dignified? the Screaming Black Bear says a combination of "Suck it, I dare you, Fear me, and You're doomed!"

Ahhh one of those games! My favorite to watch but they were rough to play in ><

Yeah it's in the AHL I think... the Blues maybe? Don't really know...

Pfftt the Bruin doesn't need to scream at you or make such remarks. Just one look at it and you know your in trouble. It's the fear of what your imagination will concoct that makes it great XD

Besides, we have the Players that do all the talking for the Bruind XD They are the real teeth of the bear.

there is no focus for this thread... so we can talk about hockey and minis and painting and puppet wars and gencon and people who have sex on trains.... if we so choose.... *shifty eyes*

*eyes fell* More stories to share Fell? *smiles sweetly*

@ Abs - they kept my wifey in the hospital for about 4 weeks when my son was being born as well . The pregnancy caused her to have super high blood pressure . I know how it is to have to go to the hospital every day for a month .

Sounded rough. i know high blood pressure can be very bad. My wife's pressure is fine, its just another complication that means she has to watched 24/7.

No, shes not a spy!

there is no focus for this thread... so we can talk about hockey and minis and painting and puppet wars and gencon and people who have sex on trains.... if we so choose.... *shifty eyes*

I won't ask about the last point, as this thread was beginning to climb victoriously out of the gutter... ;)

EDIT: besides KArn will do it...#eyes above thread#

@ fell - :thsigns05

I do miss playing hockey , only thing I was the only goalie with the street team I was on . There where games I drank a gallon of water .

Oh I bet! But yikes that is a lot of water! Then again you are out in the sun... but even on the ice I still drank a water during games.

There aren't any trains in Maine...

What really? You have no trains up in Maine at all? Or just no passenger ones?