Off Topic Playground

Having trouble sleeping?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

A witty bit of writing from the brilliant John Cleese:

Ha!

ALERTS TO THREATS

IN 2013 EUROPE

From JOHN CLEESE

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "****ed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

Regards,

John Cleese ,

British writer, actor and tall person

And as a final thought - Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC.

Life is too short...

Eh, there's enough to do. Better yet, there's some downtime with it, so I can do some painting. I really want to finish that Death Marshal tonight...well, minus the skull. Still waiting on the weathering powder for that, and it hasn't shipped yet.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

If you're that tired, sleep might be a good idea...

I've woken up at 230 am every night this week. And tossed and turned a good bit more of the night too. Probably need to get more exercise during the day.

...and a fan. My room is an oven in disguise.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Also, Ed, thst John Cleese thing is hilaaaarious!

Mako, go to bed. Sleep is good.

The fan might be the better one to go with...

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Eh, I can wait for it. I'll be working on the Judge in the meantime. Still need to figure out a color for his bandana...think I might match it to the coffins. It's a different kind of brown to his hat, boots and gloves that way.

Sounds like a mix of both, then, Bow.

I hope it works well too! I have to say, I'll be sad that Lady J and her crew won't have quite the pop of color that others have...need to figure out how to fix that without screwing up the overall look.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

And...I'm going to have to get this cd. The one preview song from it is amazing...

http://themattsmithneujazztrio.bandcamp.com/

I slept until 11am this morning, and I've only been up for 13 hours.

I started trying to learn how to paint digital portraits. I feel as if this would be sliiiiiiiiightly easier if I had a tablet. Not that I think it would be easy.

I got a pair of eyes done, and some lips. They look kind of scribbly and weird, but the way I figure its my first attempt, so ya gotta start somewhere.

Oh bow if you are around, you could critique that! Since its something I'm actually trying to improve...