Rasputina team

Melon-neko

Hi =)

So I've played once and read the rules. I have a fairly solid idea of how to play. I have not however read the scenarios or themes yet, so I'm not sure if I need characters to shore up weaknesses for those. I will probably just use what I want to paint either way, but I am somewhat competitive.

So here is the team I am thinking of. You'll probably notice that there are none of the ice golems or gamin things. It has nothing to do with their rules, they are just ugly and I don't want to paint them =) I'm making a 35 pt team btw.

So here it is:

Rasputina <-- she is the reason i was interested in the game, i like her hat.

Silent one x2 <-- they look cool, they increase rasputina's range by 9" using ice mirror and northwind. Counterspell, bullet proof and turn to ice will hopefully allow them to tank some what, along with ice wind for healing

Coryphee x2 <-- I really like their models. They are also very fast and can do hit and run attacks, along with some control abilities. they have quite a few defensive abilities as well. Against horde crews i would probably run them singular, but against crews that deal decent damage I would use a Duet for the extra wounds.

So that's teh easy part, almost definitely using those. However, I can't decide my last model(s) Here is what I'm looking at.

Freikorp librarian <-- She gives and extra casting flip to rasputina, she can block off triggers from opponents, she has armor and counterspell and a decent ranged attack and healing. However she is expensive and cancels out arcane resevoir with arcane receptacle

Freikorp trapper <-- I like this guy because he hands out scout and with silent one has a 19" range. Well, that's about it for him.

Cassandra <-- Synergizes with the coryphee and has decent attacks. She can choose to be a striker or tanker during her activation. Her confidence and grand finale talents seem very useful.

Kaeris <-- not out yet, but I really like her =(

Well...I'm just kinda curious what other people think, nothing too important though.

Thanks

(also I just joined to make this post, so hi >(^_^)< )

I've playing around with Kaeris quite a bit. The use of both Ice Pillars and Flame Wall gives a CRAZY amount of board control. Gotta be careful though, as both Kaeris and Raspy are soulstone hogs, so it's easy to blow through all of them pretty quickly.

I would actually probably be looking for some sort of a 'tank' piece, to be honest. All of your models are pretty squishy, and a big opponent like Lillith or Chompy, or perhaps even Lady Justice could really cause you a headache if they get up close. The Trapper (or Hans if you want) is a good support piece overall though. I really like the 19" range with the Silent One.

I don't think you need two Silent Ones, personally. I tend to use them primarily as boosters for Rasputina, and have never found myself wishing I had a second one. I'll admit I've never tried pushing them forward, but Df 3 with 6 wounds feels incredibly fragile to me.

You're really giving up a lot of Rasputina's striking range without any Gamin or a Golem. Model's not out yet, but Snowstorm would be a decent way to compensate for that. Being able to give other models Frozen Heart, at a better range and speed than the Silent Ones, will help. It's also much tougher than the Silent Ones thanks to Spirit and the extra Bulletproof.

I'd definitely get an Essence of Power in there too. The :+fate is incredibly good, especially since most of your damage output is going to be coming via spells. You can bounce it back and forth between Raspy and a Silent One, getting its bonus for two of them each turn, that will help a lot.

So what constitutes a tank?

Most of my tanking ideas are for ranged/spell attacks. I'm not sure what I would do about high atk/damage melee characters except try to avoid them or freeze them. Basically try to run their control hand and soulstones out with ranged damage then slow, paralyze or freeze them. pillar of ice and the terrain freezing spell could help keep them away too.

I might not need 2 silent ones, i could replace one with a december acolyte, they are the same cost and a bit more damagy/resilient. I'm still looking at all the mercs, so might find something i like more.

I had never looked at Hans, he is just as good as the freikorp sniper i think, if not better. But doesn't look as cool =)

I also just looked at Joss too, his rules are cool too and it looks like he would make a good tank, but he is kinda ugly -_-

The essence of power is neat, but I hate the mini ^^;;

Thank you guys for your comments =D

edit: I just found all the v2 PDF cards, made looking through the characters much easier XD

So I was thinking for a tank, Taelor might be good. I can give her armor 2, so she is def 5, armor 2 and 9 wounds that can be healed by the silent one and is hard to wound 1. She also has a reach of 3, so its harder for enemies to move past her to engage rasputina in h2h, i could usually at least force them into terrain to avoid her disengage hits, and if they aren't fast enough, freeze them.

Edited by Melon-neko

The other nice thing about Gamin is that they are constructs. This means that if you kill one with Kaeris' spell that targets friendly constructs, they do Dg 2 from shatter and another 3 (IIRC) from her spell to everyone within 2" of the Gamin. Plus they are conduits and rather resilient for 4 point models. I understand the idea of playing models you find asthetically pleasing, but if you're being competitve as well, then a Gamin (and the EoP, it is basically an auto-include) is a solid choice.

I agree with what other people said, you might not like the look of gamin, and if you really dont want to use them by all means don't. but they can boost rasputinas damage output significantly by using their 0 action. The essence of powers + on damage flips is really clutch as well (especially versus hard to wound undead).

The librarian is actually a really cool idea with rasputina, makes her a beast when casting. If your not going with gamin, you might want to consider some cheap molemen to bounce her spells off of. Even with severe damage if they are tunneled they will only take one damage, then you can blast accordingly.

if your dead set on the coryphee cassandra does add a level of surviveability for it.

thanks for the comments guys =) I know i'm not heeding advice, but i'm obstinate like that >.>. I do appreciate it though, because it helps me understand things better as to why certain things are used.

I don't think the people I will be playing with are all that competitive in the first place and my brother has horrible luck =\

I am a bit concerned with being outnumbered and not getting to react to late game activations, but not enough to paint ugly things. ^^

So this is the team i decided on

rasputina

silent one

december acolyte

2 coryphee

taelor

I would choose kaeris over taelor but she's not out yet. I chose taelor over librarian or cassandra because I want to use them in different teams (thus a different colour scheme) and I'm hoping she is tough enough to engage the tougher enemies and hold them off rasputina

Is it correct that only spells with the gun symbol are ranged strikes, so if the spell doesn't have it, I wouldn't have to suffer the rules for firing into melee combat when using it?

the TO at my store gave my viktoria(s) so I will make a team for them also =)