Pownybownz'z Outcast minis

PwnyBownz

Hello, I'm new to these forums and haven't posted too much, but I lurk a lot.

Well, after much hard work and endless smodcasts I finally have something to share.

Please take a look. Criticism is more than welcome as I would like very much to improve my painting whenever possible.

Also, what is the most used protocol for posting images in these forums? (I'm pretty newb at forums in general)

Thanks!

post-5024-13911921295558_thumb.jpg

post-5024-13911921295801_thumb.jpg

Nice stuff!

The brighter color pallet is a diffrent and in your case a successful change

I'm not a fan of the gloss finish though I think a dullcoat would really help bring out the details in your work

I agree with what was said here. I often find people sealing their models with a shiny coat (we often use Krylon, although Testor's is supposed to have an incredible, if pricey, one) then hitting them with a dullcoat to fight the shine.

These do look great.

Thanks, everyone.

I do agree they would probably be better served by a coat of dull, but that's what I thought I was spraying them with. I guess matte isn't the same as dull.

Is there a brand you would recommend? Krylon or Testors?

As for the flesh, I use dark flesh as the base and build up from there, then wash with ogryn flesh. The redness you're likely seeing is my failing to achieve a good white balance before shooting the picture, and thus having to compensate during post in photoshop.

I will correct this once I finish the remainder of my crew.

Cheers!

I usually spray with two heavy coats of Krylon Satin Sealer,, then follow it up with two coats of Testors Dull Coat. The satin provides a nice layer of protection (and keeps the testors from killing the metals), while the testors brings everything back to a pleasing (more natural) look.