How many Steampunk Arachnids?

Jabberwock

From what I have seen and done with Ramos.... 2 Swarms and 6 Individuals will be more then enough. You definitely want the 2 Swarms though as they are fantastic models and a big work horse for Ramos.

The 6 Individuals let you deploy the 2 swarms as separate models so you can get a lot of activation control. Activate the little ones, trying to out activate your opponent and then combine them and send the swarm in at the right time.

Yeah, I have 6 individual spiders and 2 swarms. That has seemed to be plenty for me so far. But we only play up to 35 SS games lately. I could see, at larger point levels, wanting more spiders, and the other local Ramos player does have 9 individuals and 3 Swarms, which I have seen him play at 35 SS before.

So, cliff notes version....6 individual and 2 swarms is probably fine. Get more after you've played some games and see if you feel like you want more of them.

if you magnetize the individual models I find 6 arachnids are enough. I put the magnets in green stuff and then clued the models to the green stuff. then a simple magnet glued to the bottom of the base. Just need to make a magnetized proxy as a way to remember which way the magnets are supposed to go. Its not that hard/time consuming if you don't want to start basing all you figs. so far 6 arachnids and 2 corephee done this way.

I also use the unbased arachnids as scrap markers.

I also have 6 SPA's and 2 Swarms (which has always been fine up to 35pts). While you're working it out, it's worth nothing that a 30mm base fits very neatly into a 40mm base, so if you can either magnetise (or place and be careful moving) an SPA into a Swarm-sized base until you're ready to confirm your amounts with glue.

Glad to hear. I picked 3 packs worth.. Mounted 3 on seperate 30mm bases. 2 onto 40mm bases, and the last 4 can move between 30mm and the 2 40mm bases. That means if necessary I can run the 2 40mm bases with only 1 spider on each and have 7 individual spiders