Guardsmen/Austringers

boothdom

Hi there,

Got my shiny new Rules Manual yesterday and have to say I'm super chuffed with it! :)

As I understand (and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) this is supposed to supersede the errata as everything that came up since the release of Book 1, and was previously in the errata'd, has now been addressed.

Super cool! Makes my bag a lot lighter going to games.

One point though. I played a game at the weekend using both Austringers and Guardsmen. Now I know Austringers had the "Guardsmen" ability from the errata but there seems to be no mention of it in the new book. Also, there were no v2 cards for Austringers so I could completely understand my opponent raising issue when I tried to cast a Cordon from a Guardsman to an Austringer.

I said it was errata'd and he said, doesn't the Rules manual supersede the errata?

Can't fault his logic.

Is the intention for Austringers to lose the Guardsmen ability?

Thanks for clarification?

Dom

As has been stated you need both the Rules Manual for the most up-to-date base ruleset and the V2 cards for your applicable models for their most up-to-date specific rules. The Rules Manual, by itself, did not update the character stats/rules/abilities/actions/triggers/spells that are present in the original Malifaux rulebook.

Hope that helps :)

As has been stated you need both the Rules Manual for the most up-to-date base ruleset and the V2 cards for your applicable models for their most up-to-date specific rules. The Rules Manual, by itself, did not update the character stats/rules/abilities/actions/triggers/spells that are present in the original Malifaux rulebook.

Hope that helps :)

Thans for the response, but no, it doesn't help really. Both Guildgaurd and Austringers didn't get v2 cards so your comment isn't applicable.

Others have stated that the Austringer card does state "Guardsmen" though, so I must have missed it. I'll look again when I'm home from work.

Cheers,

Dom