Starting Lilith - buying help

Noddwyr

Lelu and Lilitu are good as well as a black blood shaman and Nikama, my favourite totem is eather the primordial magic, even more hand advantage, student of comflict, fast mature Nepilim FTW ^_^

The young are good, but I never hire them only grow into them

Also desperate mercs are good to kill for blood counters

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

I'd recommend a totem aswell.

Primordial Magic or the Malifaux Cherub seems the most popular - personally I like the Primordial the most - although I suppose the Cherub is more thematic.

I find the Student of Conflict a bit too expensive to field with most masters.. Especially for Lilith where the Black Blood Shaman can do the same more efficient.. >_<

For minions Lelu and Lilitu are good like Chocobo said, other common additions are the Waldgeists.

Nekima and Black Blood Shaman won't be released untill ~1½ months time - not sure if I'd be able to wait that long. But they are really good aswell and opens up for a more multidimensional approach to Lilith.

For maximum potential with the Shaman you'll probably need Desperate Mercenaries aswell though and they aren't out for 2½~3½ months, but they should be easily proxiable I guess.

Anything that has Nephilim on it. Also the Waldgeist is good with Lilith and her illusionary Forest, but it is not necessary in the beginning.

The Cherub is nice for casting Trasposition or any of Lilith's spells but I seem to find it hard to fit it instead of taking a tot or just keeping the soulstones.

Also one pack of young Nephilims will be fine for a while. I never had more than 2 on the table due to them getting Matured or killed but a second Mature is almost necessary.

What you have/are purchasing is a solid start. Beyond that, any of the following are fine choices for Lilith;

Blood Shaman, possibly with Desperate Mercs (aka Blood Sacrifice ;) )

Nekima

Primordial Magic or Cherub

Lilitu and Lelu

Waldgeist

The Blood Shaman gives Liliths crew some much needed support, since her crew otherwise tends to be made up of melee fighters. Adding the desperate merc lets you get some easy blood counters to grow your terror tots and/or power the Blood Shaman's spells

Personally I'm not a fan of Nekima, but I won't deny that she's an excellent minion. She's partially a beatstick like the Mature Nephilim (though not as good), but her main use is the excellent support talents and spells she offers. Amongst other things, she makes growing nearby nephilim so much easier, and granting :masks to nearby Nephilim's Wp, Ca, Df, or Cb is brutal when you consider that it translates to 15" sprints, auto-flays, auto-double take and auto-grow/matures amongst other things. The negative is that she looks like a hell of a model to put together. :(

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Student of conflict. It's 4 SS and while you can certainly make a model fast, he's too slow to be able to keep up with the rest of Lilith's crew.

With Lilith you need to take Lilitu and Lelu as a pair due to their rules, but they're both excellent models. You really need to take a look at their rules yourself but basically Lilitu is a support Nephilim, while Lelu is a melee beatstick. They're both not easy to kill thanks to their regenerative abilities but if one does die, the other will soon follow.

The Waldgeist works particularly well with Lilith because you can always be sure of having a forest on the board (due to her illusionary forest). He's also quick enough to keep up with the rest of Lilith's crew and gives you a pretty resiliant model, which is quite handy in a crew full of glass cannons.

Not a fan of the Waldgeist, tried it once and found him to be too slow for a Lilith crew

Not sure why he was to slow for you, he is as fast as a tot (when it is not casting a successful Sprint.) and a Young Nephilim. And is considered more of a second line tank and not a first wave glass cannon. It gives options for a number of strategies.(Think Claim Jump and Treasure Hunt.)

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

Not sure why he was to slow for you' date=' he is as fast as a tot (when it is not casting a successful Sprint.) and a Young Nephilim. And is considered more of a second line tank and not a first wave glass cannon. It gives options for a number of strategies.(Think Claim Jump and Treasure Hunt.)[/quote']

He's not as fast as young Nepilim though, the young has melee expert so it diving attack (through wall and other terrain the Waldgeist can't) and then make an extra attack. All Nepilim can also move at minium of 10'' and still and can still make (1) action (although it might a melee expert or casting expert)

Waldgeists may not be as quick, but with a lot of forests on the table they don't need to be as fast. They also have scout, which allows them to be pretty quick through difficult terrain.

They are better on the defensive than young nephilim are, but both are good to have.

As far as "needing" 2 mature nephilim, I would argue that young nephilim are better for the cost than mature nephilim. They have most of the advantages of the mature, with better defense, damage output with flay, hidabillity with height 2, etc. They lose out on paired claws, armor 1, terrifying and 2 inches of threat range (1 from charge distance and 1 from melee range). If you can grow a second mature, great. But I would rarely pay soulstones for a second mature. I would prefer to pay 2 extra stones and have two young nephilim instead.

As far as required purchases for Lillith, the only requirement is really a pack of young nephilim. Most of the Neverborn models can be used effectively with Lillith given that you use them for their intended purpose.

I agree Nikama is pretty a better mature, although she costs three more soulstones. That's 23 points add a terror tot, black blood shaman primordial magic and despert merc and that's 36 points, I used this list recently to great effect. I able to get a fast mauture at my opents master on turn 2, my terr tot was able to use it's counter from the desperate merc to grow and then matured useing the two blood counters on the black blood shaman (one from blood sense, the other gained from blood mess after it discard a corpse counter to give the mature fast)

Thanks for all the quick replys. Right so from what I am getting here, I would get:

Starter set

Young Neph's

Primordial Magic/ Cherub

Another Young Neph's or a Waldgiest

And eventually pick up

Nekima

the L-twins

Blood Shaman

Do you guys think baby kade would work with Lillith, as I have him lying around as I liked the mini. Something like this for 25ss?

lillith

3 terror tots

mature neph

baby kade

Also anyone have suggested 25ss lists? i was thinking something like these:

lilith

3 terror tots

mature neph

waldgiest

or

lilith

cherub

4 terror tots

mature neph

or

lilith

3 terror tots

mature neph

young neph

Thoughts?

He's not as fast as young Nepilim though, the young has melee expert so it diving attack (through wall and other terrain the Waldgeist can't) and then make an extra attack. All Nepilim can also move at minium of 10'' and still and can still make (1) action (although it might a melee expert or casting expert)

True, the young would be slightly more effective on the charge than the Waldgeist, but as I said the Waldgeist is not the first wave attacker like a Young would be.

But hey everyone plays a little different. I like having a tank half the time to handle those situations that require a tougher model. Armor 2 and perfect camouflage with its ability to attack from the otherside of a forest is sweet. I often have my Waldgeist still on the table by the end of the game with only casting Illusionary Forest once and he almost always earns his stones and often earns them double.

My old group hated my Waldgeist more than any of my Young Nephilims. But that is just how I play.

Lilith likes to have a lot of soul stones, I usually will try to take between 6 and 8 of them. I don't usually use a totem with her. If you are all set on having the totem then I would take 1 less tot and keep extra soul stones.

As far as the twins go, I love them. I have two sets for larger games, and I have a hard time not taking them.

Instead of purchasing two boxes of young nephilim I would suggest a box each of young nephilim and waldgeists. It is good to have both depending on what your strategy is.