brainstorming hamlin.

Genetic

I was thinking of using the micro arts 30mm skull bases for my Hamlin army.. I figured it would be different and most people would probably use the sewer bases from Wyrd.

I think the skulls will work well, mainly because if you have read the story in book 2, when Hamlin got turned into Hamlin the plagued he was in a sort of under ground ancient crypt so i figured the skulls would fit that? what are your guys ideas?

19_Skulls_Bases_WRound_30mm.jpg

I've been doing my nut in over this. Initially I was going to use cobblestone bases, wanting to avoid the whole 'sewer' thing. But that'd be pricey and I've spent my fun-budget for the next few months already :(

I usually base my models on broken wooden flooring (a-la old west sidewalks) but I'd like to do something special for Hammy. I was thinking of ways to make bases look like they're covered in bugs. I was thinking standard flock, painted black with lots of gloss varnish. Maybe try to sculpt some teeny,tiny details where they would be visible. I'll be taking it through a test-run tonight.

Skulls are a nice idea too, but I find all-skull bases look a bit silly. Perhaps if you could get some loose skulls from somewhere and just festoon a cobblestone/sewer/whatever base with them it'd look more interesting.

um bugs And skulls.. with rats on them :P a bug swarm would be cool. i just didnt want to take the time to make them,, i usually make my own bases.. I think im going to put BOTTLE OF JAGER on hamlin's base

Just go hog-wild. Have him standing on a wrecked space marine dreadnought and change his staff to a banner saying 'Down with this sort of thing'. That'd look sweet :S

I'd suggest picking up a variety of rat swarms from different mini companies. Just google "Rat swarm miniature"

For example, this'd be a great base for Hammy himself:

UH_Rat_Swarm.jpg

This is a "common" D&D pre-paint that you can get for about $1.50 a piece. WOuld be great for standard troopers:

MiniDnDSavageEncounters28.jpg

Dark heaven rat swarm:

3394.jpg