Guild Guard Captain, Guards and Criid

Hjelmen

Hi all!

I've been on a long hiatus and have picked up the Guild truncheon once more.

Looking in the books, I was checking out the Guild Guard Captain and the Guild Guards to go with Sonnia, but I can't figure out if it's a good match. Thematically it could work out nicely, but I'm doubtful that either a lone Capt., or grouped with two Guards, would be worth anything.

I currently own Sonnia, Samael, three Stalkers, Executioner and three Guild Hounds (The old Rackham Molosser hounds). Do you guys think that a Guild Guard Captain and two Guild Guards would be a worthwhile addition, or should I go for something else?

Additional: Which totem would you suggest for Sonnia? I seem to recall that the common advice is to get the Guvernors Proxy, but is the Purifying Flame really that bad?

Duct mentioned he was having success with her totem, I have yet use it well.

As for a guild guard crew with Sonic would work fine. Menace can really help you fireball your opponent more effectively. Don't forget Austringer with the crew since they are guardsman too. I see this kind of crew shine more at a 35 ss than at 25 ss because it allows you to have a range of guardsman. Lucius as a henchman with Sonic works well too.

in my opinion guards do one thing nicely when it comes to adding to the sonnia crew, it gives her a nice counter to playing the ressers. Mainly because there gun ignores H2W 1 and since most of the undead have a low Def then it makes up for the fact that they have a low cb with there guns. In terms of totems I figure the main ones are as follows (and one I like to use)

Governor's Proxy - really good when fighting Pandora's minions or taking on Kirai, watch out for those models that force Morale duels when you have him on the board (you just have to block LoS at that point.

Purifying Flame - Stick close to Sonnia and use it for the Flame Wall spell. Since it can't trigger and can't get as high as Sonnia can with Flame Blast it really doesn't help in terms of damage, but its great with utility. if you can cheat a good rams you could get a Violation off on an almost dead minion too XD.

Drill Sargent - Good if your running lots of guards, Attach him to a Captain and watch the pain roll, especially with Shooting range giving them a free Focus anything within range will get shot up.

Student of Conflict - A personal favorite of mine. Mainly just puppy dog Sonnia around until you have a favorable shot. Then activate SoC and Companion Sonnia, Give her fast and watch everything explode (no literally everything within range will hurt badly) Granted a good player will know what to expect but its a nice little ace-in-the-hole against someone scrambling for claim jump at the last min.

In terms of using Lucius I don't really like using anyone that should be running SS with my Criid crew mainly because I am very SS intensive with her, so I would probably gimp Lucius by refusing to use my precious SS on him.

Edited by MadArcanist

Thank you for your input! I still can't decide whether to just get a standalone Lucius crew with all those Guardsmen, or whether to use Guardsmen with Sonnia. I'll probably end up having an aneurysm and get a whole other crew with Lucius just to push the theme as hard as I can!

wrt. the Totem I think I'll probably go for the Purifying Flame, mostly because it's more thematic, and I love painting fire.

Thanks again!

Having played Lucius I have not felt he really benefits from ss use Luke many others. Only on important resist flips did I need an ss. So I agree save the ss for Sonia and make sure your at the max 8.

I see Luciouls working great as a henchman and less as a master which also supports your idea of the guards and then Lucious in larger SS games like 35. Though I personally haven't tried either the guard or Lucious with Sonnia and I am only going on what I sort of see on paper.