Mobile Toolkit

Kaeris

Essence of Power

Coryphee

Coryphee

Steampunk Arachnid

Steampunk Arachnid

+2ss

Basically Ramos makes stuff, Kaeris blows it up, then Kaeris blows people up, and then the Coryphee runs around and cuts whatever doesn't get blown up.

a tactic in a few words, simple, but efficient :D i hope it works :P

Linking the Essence of Power to the Coryphee Duet might be fun. Cast Arcing Screen to give it a stupidly high Df of 9(!) and 2 Wd to anyone hitting it, and the Duet can use the :+fate on Blinding to get Paralysed on Severe damage.

Don't forget the Duet's Mesmerising trigger on Cb, which puts the Target on a :-fate for Resist flips. Do that before Casting Blinding on a :+fate and you should get Paralyzed every time. You can use the Duet's (0) spell Perfect Performance to ensure the Mesmerising trigger :)

Edited by Sholto

Just be careful, it has the "all your eggs in one basket" feel to me with relying on Corphyee to do the rest of your dirty work. If those explosions don't go to well it's going to have it's work cut out for it and there are an increasing number of strategies for dealing with the dancing twins.

Otherwise, that looks rather interesting. I may have to give it a try once Kaeris is out. Though what about just spamming more explosive spiders instead of the Corphyee? Gives you more activations and they can form the swarm for real damage/objective capping etc.

Linking the Essence of Power to the Coryphee Duet might be fun. Cast Arcing Screen to give it a stupidly high Df of 9(!) and 2 Wd to anyone hitting it, and the Duet can use the :+fate on Blinding to get Paralysed on Severe damage.

Don't forget the Duet's Mesmerising trigger on Cb, which puts the Target on a :-fate for Resist flips. Do that before Casting Blinding on a :+fate and you should get Paralyzed every time. You can use the Duet's (0) spell Perfect Performance to ensure the Mesmerising trigger :)

Well the Essence of Power was more-so for Kaeris to use herself. Also, that totem will belong to Kaeris, meaning it won't have access to Arcane Screen as the Mobile toolkit is the one connected to Ramos.

Just be careful, it has the "all your eggs in one basket" feel to me with relying on Corphyee to do the rest of your dirty work. If those explosions don't go to well it's going to have it's work cut out for it and there are an increasing number of strategies for dealing with the dancing twins.

Otherwise, that looks rather interesting. I may have to give it a try once Kaeris is out. Though what about just spamming more explosive spiders instead of the Corphyee? Gives you more activations and they can form the swarm for real damage/objective capping etc.

Well for one, the Coryphee is one of the best things in the game to heavily rely on, since its a beast, and its resilient as hell, especially with all the extra healing flips I have from other models in addition to the two the Duet can do in a turn by itself.

Also, if spreading fire via Spider and then Accelerant-ing doesn't work, I have the ranged attack from Kaeris, the ranged spell from Ramos, and controlled detonations I can do, so I have more options if both the Coryphee and Accelerant aren't working.

I played a list just last week with Kaeris, Essence, Alyce, and then filled out with Spiders. It worked quite well. Only 4 SS in your Cache is a bit low though, IMO. I find I typically have to burn those stones to make sure Kaeris' attacks/spells really stick properly. The toolkit with Ramos/Kaeris is awesome though. Give Kaeris the extra :tomes on her casting, and then you can do Accelerant with any 6 or higher!

I was pretty pleased with the list overall, and I think running the Coryphees would likely work just as well. I would probably consider dropping one of the Spiders, and then just have Ramos spend his first two turns making Spiders instead. Then you'd have a Swarm on Turn 2, and 7 SS to start with.

I played a list just last week with Kaeris, Essence, Alyce, and then filled out with Spiders. It worked quite well. Only 4 SS in your Cache is a bit low though, IMO. I find I typically have to burn those stones to make sure Kaeris' attacks/spells really stick properly. The toolkit with Ramos/Kaeris is awesome though. Give Kaeris the extra :tomes on her casting, and then you can do Accelerant with any 6 or higher!

I was pretty pleased with the list overall, and I think running the Coryphees would likely work just as well. I would probably consider dropping one of the Spiders, and then just have Ramos spend his first two turns making Spiders instead. Then you'd have a Swarm on Turn 2, and 7 SS to start with.

I'll find out after a few games whether or not I need more soulstones (also I can get extra instead of taking schemes), but most of what Kaeris will do consists of spells that don't really have that high of a requirement.