Malifaux Tournament - Birmingham, UK 4th June 2011

Clousseau

Lol sounds like some competitive banter there!

@Serigala...Yeah there will be some of us about in the evening. If you want to meet some friendly faces and maybe get a game in then feel free to pop by.

Quote/ Companion showgirl, move Cassanrda to objective, swap in Collette, interact with objective, get VPs, then watch entire crew die under a flood of rats.... biggrin.gif \quote

Companion showgirl, move Cassanrda to objective, swap in Collette, interact with objective, get VPs, then watch entire crew die under a flood of rats.... :D

Rats don't scare me! I know how to put the disease infested things out of my misery :aetsch:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just setting off for Birmingham now.

Hopefully we can get off to an early start tomorrow.

If anyone has any problems give me a call on 07905 694294 so I know what's happening and can work around any issued!

Looking forward to a hectic, but fun, weekend.

Thanks to Dave for organising a great day of gaming, and thanks to everyone I played for 4 really fun matchups. More in-depth post to follow on the blog soon!

I'm in the process of trying to convince the missus to go down to Birmingham tomorrow to have a proper look around the rest of the Expo! :D

Regarding the announcing schemes debate, here's the ruling I was referring to that you announce ALL parts of an announced scheme http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19106. Whether the word "secretly" comes into it wasn't asked, but I really suspect not, as Sketch sounded pretty definitive :)

Mike

Ths was a great day, thanks to Dave for another well run tourney, and to everyone for making the trip which I don't think was local to anyone. And if anyone is wondering, yes you can run Hamelin in a tourny and yes he can win shared slaughter (and yes Nix can hold his own against four melee strikes and two soulstones from LCB ;))

Results (Domination format so TP/Diff/VP)

Player Faction VP TP Diff

1st Adam (magicpockets) Outcasts 24 10 12

2nd Steve (Newbie from Hell) Arcanists 23 9 13

3rd Des (hewasneverborn) Neverborn 21.3 8 10.6

4th Ant (Stryder) Ressurectionists 20 7 9

5th Mike (Mike3838) Neverborn 15 7 -1

6th Ash (Drake) Arcanists 13 7 -1

7th Jo-Ann (neverata) Neverborn 14 6 -4

8th Tim (Oshova) Neverborn 16 5 -1

9th Alan (fulgrima) Guild 10.6 4 -8

10th Kevin (aka_hazard) Outcasts 13.3 4 -9.4

11th James (Mythic Fox) Ressurectionists 12 3 -3

12th Andie Ressurectionists 16 3 -5

13th Dave (Mephiston) Outcasts 8 0 -18.7

Best painted crew - Kevin

P.S. If anyone knows how to output from Ratty's tourney programme onto here to format properly can they please contact me and I'll sort it out when I gt back from the show - currently typing this over breakfast!

Edited by Clousseau

Overall a good day after a slightly shaky start (last minute room change). It was very close with anyone in the top 4 capable of winning after round 3, and probably the top two thirds were capable of winning if it hadn't been for mistake/bad cards/fate/etc.

Thanks to our sponsors Simple Miniature Games abd KR Multicase everyone went home with a prize, so there were no losers.

I'll post some pictures once I get home.

Big thanks to Dave for running the event. Fun time had by all. It was good to catch up with the regulars, no doubt we'll be crossing swords again at Cardiff / Stockport.

Special mention to Drake who despite being something of a newcomer is clearly going to be a force to be reckoned with. In our game he executed his plan flawlessly and rightly pummelled me into the ground.

Hope Godzilla's didn't smah up B'ham too much and isn't too hung over this morning. :D

-James

Big thanks to Dave for running the event. Fun time had by all. It was good to catch up with the regulars, no doubt we'll be crossing swords again at Cardiff / Stockport.

Special mention to Drake who despite being something of a newcomer is clearly going to be a force to be reckoned with. In our game he executed his plan flawlessly and rightly pummelled me into the ground.

Hope Godzilla's didn't smah up B'ham too much and isn't too hung over this morning. :D

-James

Thanks for the vote of confidence James!

If not for 1 bad turn of fate cards in my last game the result overall could have been very different! Credit to Steve (NewbieFromHell) though for a well fought game :)

Congrats again to Adam for winning overall, almost had you pipped at the last post! doh ;) Next time... >:) lol

Lastly thanks to all my opponents over the weekend, I enjoyed all my games and learned some valuable lessons/strategies to take to Cardif with me.... ;)