Dreamer Questions

OSUMicroBio

Hey All!

Just got done with my first couple of games last night and wanted to get some clarifications so when we play next I'll have a better grasp of the rules:

1) Poison Vs Armor - My friend decided to play Ramos for his first box, and there was a little bit of an argument about whether or not poison wounds are lessened by armor. So, if something has Armor 2 and 7 poison counters, does he only take 5 wounds or all 7 wounds.

2) Poison - Can I keep stacking poison tokens infinitely?

3) Dreamer/LCB - When I switch them out does LCB get to act immediately or does he get treated like a completely different model for activation purposes?

4) Terrifying - Do attackers/defenders take a Terrifying check for every melee attack made/defended against for a Terrifying creature? If not, how would that work, one at the beginning?

5) Dreamer - When the Dreamer gets murdered and he does his ability to immediately summon all buried nightmares, does LCB count as one that can be summoned?

I think that was all the Dreamer questions we had for the first game.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey All!

Just got done with my first couple of games last night and wanted to get some clarifications so when we play next I'll have a better grasp of the rules:

1) Poison Vs Armor - My friend decided to play Ramos for his first box, and there was a little bit of an argument about whether or not poison wounds are lessened by armor. So, if something has Armor 2 and 7 poison counters, does he only take 5 wounds or all 7 wounds.

Armor reduces Dg, Poison counters does Wd, so armor doesn't protect at all from Poison.

Edit: Dg is transformed into Wd after applying effects such as Armor, effects that does straight Wd therefore bypasses Armor.

2) Poison - Can I keep stacking poison tokens infinitely?

No. Only the highest Poison# will stay, ie. if you hit a model with Poison1 with a Poison2 effect the model hit will have Poison2. Highest possible Poison# is the Poison gift from Performers I think.

3) Dreamer/LCB - When I switch them out does LCB get to act immediately or does he get treated like a completely different model for activation purposes?

Different model for activation purposes that must activate immediately.. Soeh.. Both.

4) Terrifying - Do attackers/defenders take a Terrifying check for every melee attack made/defended against for a Terrifying creature? If not, how would that work, one at the beginning?

You might want to read the rules on this again.. There is no attacker/defender in Terrifying duels.

Also you only take the Terrifying test once from a given enemy model as long as you're in its Terrifying range. If you pass you don't have to take it untill you reenter the range.

5) Dreamer - When the Dreamer gets murdered and he does his ability to immediately summon all buried nightmares, does LCB count as one that can be summoned?

LCB is a Nightmare, so yes.

I think that was all the Dreamer questions we had for the first game.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Answers in red.

Well,Im not one hundred percent sure,but I believe that with poison,the counters dont stack,you take the highest one and keep refreshing it every time its reapplied. And unless it says it takes wounds,then Armor would affect it.

Yup exactly. The highest set of Poison over-rides the current ones on the model.

Terrifying tests are only taken if you start your activation or end an Action within melee range of the Terrifying model. So if your charged by LCB and then he disappears before you activate you will never take a terrifying test. Also once you have taken a test you never will need to take another one for the terrifying model until it leaves melee range.

Terrifying tests are only taken if you start your activation or end an Action within melee range of the Terrifying model. So if your charged by LCB and then he disappears before you activate you will never take a terrifying test. Also once you have taken a test you never will need to take another one for the terrifying model until it leaves melee range.

The one exception of that is if their Terrifying Lapses and comes back as it is considered a new Terrifying instance. For Example, a model under the effects of the Dreamer's spell has it fade from them one turn and then put back on them the next. Even if you never left their melee range, you would have to check again.

The one exception of that is if their Terrifying Lapses and comes back as it is considered a new Terrifying instance. For Example, a model under the effects of the Dreamer's spell has it fade from them one turn and then put back on them the next. Even if you never left their melee range, you would have to check again.

Or Seamus replacing his Terrifying 12 with Terrifying 14, same model different Terrifying effect.

Why did I not know this? :stupido3: Been playing it that each action triggers a Terrifying test!

I thought Terrifying worked like this....

I start outside melee range of scary model. No Terrifying Test

I charge scary model. Combat is resolved my action is over. Take Terrifying test.

I pass the test and as I am fast I strike Seamus for my last AP. Combat is resolved my action is over. I ended my action in melee range therefore Take another Terrifying test. Test is passed I stay put.

Next turn I start my activation within melee range then need another Terrifying test.

Isn't that how it works?

I thought Terrifying worked like this....

I start outside melee range of scary model. No Terrifying Test

I charge scary model. Combat is resolved my action is over. Take Terrifying test.

I pass the test and as I am fast I strike Seamus for my last AP. Combat is resolved my action is over. I ended my action in melee range therefore Take another Terrifying test. Test is passed I stay put.

Next turn I start my activation within melee range then need another Terrifying test.

Isn't that how it works?

Nope. You would take a single terrifying test when you declared the charge and then would not need to take one again until after the models separate.

BTW, I forgot to mention charges in the list of things earlier. It should have been You take a terrifying test if you start an activation, declare charge or end an action within melee range of a terrifying model.

Ignore me ......

If the target model wins the Morale Duel, it ignores the Terrifying ability of the model or feature that caused the Morale Duel for as long as it is in that model’s or feature’s Terrifying range. The immunity does not persist if the Terrifying ability occurs from an effect that is re-performed or renewed at a later time.

Lesson: Never debate the rules without the rulebook, errata, extra errata to hand

:P: