Pandora Help

Tango

Picking up the Pandora box and wondering what else I should grab along with it.

So far I'm getting Coppelius, Stitched Together and some Alps so I can be a little flexible with what I take.

Primarily playing 25 and 30 ss games at the moment.

Are the Insidious Madness models out yet?

Insidious Madness is scheduled for March.

Coppelius, Stitched Together and some Alps are more geared for The Dreamer's crew, though Karn seems to think very highly of them with Pandora. If you wan't Coppelius and Stitched together then you might as well pick up The Dreamer's box set as well.

I recommend getting the Doppelganger and Primordial Magic totem. Other models are worth considering, but those two are the most useful.

The Doppelganger is usually considered a must-have model if you are going to add to your crew. Copying Pandora's Emotional Trauma helps make your opponent's Wp duels even more painful.

I also like the Primordial Magic totem over the Poltergeist totem. Primordial Magic increases your hand size by one card and can be used with other Neverborn crews.

The Poltergeist is basically board control. Look at its spells to see what I mean.

Some models have a high Wp stat and are more difficult for Pandora to wound. People sometimes recommend Teddy, Mature Nephilim, or Hooded Rider to use as a melee "heavy hitter." I like the Hooded Rider because it is also good for taking objectives and Passage of Time: Night can protect it from ranged attacks. Teddy has some synergy with Baby Kade. Either are good, but not necessary for a Pandora crew.

Any heavy hitter models will get killed quickly and easily if you ever leave them isolated from the rest of your crew. It is common to think they are strong and can survive but it ends up like in the horror movies where the isolated promiscuous teen is always the first to die. This applies to Masters as well.

Coppelius, Insidious Madness, Lilu, and Lilitu are models I have not had any experience with, though they all have potential.

Also, check out Karn987's Pandora Tactica.

Also check out the Starting with Pandora... thread.

Edited by MrNybbles

Lelu and Lilithu work quit well together with Pandora. Lelu as Meleesupport and Lilithu to Lure enemy Modells right into your Sorrow bomb. There is nothing as beautiful as your opponents master beeing pulled right through the deathzone... And Lilithu can heal small wounds.

Some models have a high Wp stat and are more difficult for Pandora to wound. People sometimes recommend Teddy, Mature Nephilim, or Hooded Rider to use as a melee "heavy hitter." I like the Hooded Rider because it is also good for taking objectives and Passage of Time: Night can protect it from ranged attacks. Teddy has some synergy with Baby Kade. Either are good, but not necessary for a Pandora crew.

Any heavy hitter models will get killed quickly and easily if you ever leave them isolated from the rest of your crew. It is common to think they are strong and can survive but it ends up like in the horror movies where the isolated promiscuous teen is always the first to die. This applies to Masters as well.

Yeah last time I took Teddy with Pandora he got horribly violated before he could do anything, I think I would go with Lelu and Lelitu or Hooded Rider in the future. But I think it depends on the crew.. I think Teddy would work fine against Ressurectionists or Neverborn though. Von Schill and a Trapper just turn it into a seive.

Well it seems like everyone has pretty much covered all the bases, but I'll echo some of it heh.

Well Alps are relatively useless with Pandora in my experience, they just don't cut the mustard when compared to Sorrows, Madness, and Stitched Together. But it's good to have them for Coppelius making them.

You definitely want to pick up some Insidious Madness when they come out in March, they are fantastic with Pandora.

Lilitu and Lelu are insanely useful with Pandora. Lilitu has Lure and a Wp duel to target her giving her solid ways to generate Wp duels and push models around. With Lelu you have some extreme melee power (which you want at least one of) and a rather hard to take down model. If he isn't killed, it stands to chance that he will heal to full the next turn through a combination of him healing 4wds from Regen and Lilitu's ability and then his own spells draining health for him.

But if you don't want to take the twins and get Lelu as your melee model, the Hooded Rider is just an amazing model and a stellar figure. He brings a variety of abilities to the tables and can be extremely useful against the ever annoying ranged lists.

Since you are getting the starter box you will already have Kade, Candy and Sorrows. All of these are extremely good models with Pandora, Sorrows being the most useful of them all by far.

But yeah, as MrNybbles kindly pointed out, I have a tactica for her and will defer the rest to that as I've said all this there in much greater detail. =)