Dat Dreamer

Alondir

hello all, now iv played a few games with the dreamer now mainly alp bombs and tbh im sick of it even though I hardly use them to kill stuff in games I don't like people using them as the reason they lost :S

I think you now what I mean, a tough game and there response at the end was: you only won cos you used alps, which upsets me :(

Now iv come to these forums to ask about other lists that you have run in the past and had good success rates with and any strats that you felt wow this really works.

I am very interested in finding out what kind of success people have been having with Lelu and the other nightmares; my gaming group mainly plays 30-35 point games, anyone any advice?

Hi,

i have shortly startet with the dreamer crew and for a 35SS game I use the following List:

Dreamer/LCB

Lelu

Lilitu

Teddy

Coppellius

Yes I know no daydreams, but I allready haven´t the models and so i didn´t play them (but they are allready orderd).

Lelu and Lilitu are perfect flankrunners. Lure/double take helps to stretch the enemy lines and finisch them one after another. It´s work good, but I think its could be dangerous against range fighters (like Ortega crew) to let the twins stay alone.

I didnt like to mob my crew up, I prefer a more mobile style of play. And so Lelu and Lilitu are perfect for me. I can pick the target I want and can bring it down. With the range of "lure" I make shure that are enought distance between the twins and their target, so I am save for suprised attacks. should the enemy go to hunt some sexy deamon, the rest of the crew can flank or attack the hunter.

With this tactic I can fullify some goals:

stretch enemy lines

seperate weaker models

flank and sorround the enemy

force him to go after the twins (every time it´s importand to have minis in enemys half or starting zone)

thats my (small) expirence with the twins.

Well... Alp Bombs are a bit cheesy ;D hate to say it, but they sorta are. But that aside....

I actually don't do well with the swarm tactics and have found myself using less and less Alps the more I play. Currently I rely on clever use of all the other Nightmares to win.

So some current lists:

1) 35ss

Dreamer

Daydream x2 -4pnts

Teddy x2 -18pnts

Coppelius -9pnts

Alp -3pnts

Total: 34ss with 6 cache

This list relies on bouncing Teddies in and out to strike and then retreat when you can. The raw offensive power of this list is very hard to counter as Teddies + Coppelius can kill even masters without much trouble. Coppelius gives you a lot of options including Paralyze and Terrifying plus some model creation in the form of more Alps to go with out 1 little friend at the start. That 1 Alp I include could become a Daydream instead of an Alp if you prefer it that way. But I have had some luck with taking one at the start and creating more as I go along. 2 is where they become dangerous but 1 can still be a huge pain in the butt. Especially as a buddy for the Dreamer since Tarnkappe can make hitting the Alp at long range a pain in the ass. In the end, I love the raw power of this list and the look on peoples faces when they all come out to say hi.

2)

Dreamer

Daydream x2 -4pnts

Coppelius -9pnts

Madness x3 -12pnts

Stitched Together x2 -10pnts

Total: 35ss with 5 cache

This one is trickier but has some huge ability to cap objectives as Madness are insanely quick. For combat, the combination of Psychopathic Epissode and Gamble your Life is huge. Really PE with any WP based effect is great ( remember, Morale duels are Wp Duels so they work great for that). You have your madness deploy on the field, pop PE, then bury them. When you unbury them next time they will have PE up and ready for use, so you can deploy them as needed. Plus their shots can clear Wp immunites and do some ok damage. The issue is no big hitter besides LCB so there is some risk when going at masters. But Madness + Stitched Together should be able to do a number on them. Especially if you kill your own Stitched Together after it activates to have it gain Reactivate and do 2 more Gamble your Life's.

3)

Dreamer

Daydream x2 -4pnts

Lilitu -7pnts

Lilitu -7pnts

lelu -7pnts

Madness x2 -8pnts

Total: 33ss with 7 cache

This is a fun one because it gives you some nasty Alpha strike ability with the Lelu and Lilitus. At the same time it lets you drop them off far away and have Lilitus drag in some pray for them. Madness helps to open things up for Lure and make it nearly impossible for people to resist them with PE. At the same time they provide some ranged support and can cause lots of trouble when LCB appears and his Terrifying kicks in.

So those are some basic ones I've enjoyed, but certainly not all of them.

could be the wrong thread, but I need help with a 35SS dreamer list / strategy against the Ortega Family

Crew:

Perdita and full family with two witchling stalker.

I have only a small amount of minis to bolster my crew:

Dreamer/LCB, Lelu, Lilitu, 1x Teddy, Coppellius, 2x Stichis, 1x Doppelgaenger...

could be the wrong thread, but I need help with a 35SS dreamer list / strategy against the Ortega Family

Crew:

Perdita and full family with two witchling stalker.

I have only a small amount of minis to bolster my crew:

Dreamer/LCB, Lelu, Lilitu, 1x Teddy, Coppellius, 2x Stichis, 1x Doppelgaenger...

I can answer your questions Wasp, but you need to start a new thread for this I am afraid. Once you do I will be sure to reply and I am sure many more will to.

I'm extremely new to the little guy, but I've found great success with relying on coppelius to bring alps in. Maybe it's the nicodem player in me, but I just don't feel safe without a summoner in my ranks, and the ability to put models on the board and replace your losses gives your opponents the nice sense of futility you want in a game where every model is precious. I have yet to play with madnesses, but I like the way their rules look. I am, of course, the exact opposite of an expert at this master.

Alondir -

I've played that list a few times and it's been quite successful.

One thing of note: Don't be afraid to use Coppelius to stab the Lelu and take an eye. You can usually get an eye or two with his trigger on turn one, and between the Lelu's regen and Liitu's healing he comes out barely scathed.

This allows you to either summon an alp, or to go into the fights on turn two with an eye counter ready to heal.

One lone alp can still be useful for scenario interacts and such. I've sent a daydream off to the far corner of a board, unburied a lone alp. Use the alp to interact, and then have the Daydream bury them both on the next turn. You can get to a far objective without having to travel back.

Just a couple thoughts...

Picking up on that last point I do think Alps have some use in the objective grabbing area, esp in Reconnoitre.

That said IMHO the Insidious Madness is probably a better fit for the role of runner. He's faster and has a higher Df.

Madness is definitely the better objective runner due to the it's sheer speed and solid Df. It can move farther across the board without the aid of a Daydream and thus wont pull valuable resources from the fight.

But if you have to sit on an objective or have to get one out of a contested area (like in Treasure Hunt). Stitched Together is the way to go. Drop him on the treasure and have him pick it up. Then either your opponent has to kill him or make him drop the chest some how (like say throwing him). If they kill him, he get's reactivate and can run off with it even further! If they don't kill him, you can always do it and send him running towards your zone.

Otherwise it's a bit iffy which nightmare to use in other situations. Some Strategies like Land Grab you really want to use Teddy to cap one or Lilitu as they are both hard to actually kill (Teddy due to HtW2 and Regen 2 and Lilitu due to Irresistible).